Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2015 04:00

Dell xps 15 died suddenly

Hello

I bought refurbishid dell xps 15 9530 about 5 months ago from ebay and shipped to iraq where i live. The device worked very good until yesterday where turnoff suddenly without any heat issues. When tried to turn on again there is no response. The problem i noticed that the charger unpluged from device and repower on the led of charger is work ok but when i pluged to laptop the led of charger turnoff and not work also. I tried all the solutions found in youtube and google but not work. The real problem is i live in iraq and there is no maintenance center for dell in iraq. Please i want solution.

780 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Motherboard or the DC in port needs to be replaced to fix the issue.

Unfortunately Dell does not have any service options in Iraq, If you have any local techs in your locality, you may take the laptop to them and get it serviced.

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

Thank you for reaching out to us

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard and unfortunately we do not have any service centers in Iraq. You can try releasing the flea power to do that disconnect the power cord and remove the battery . Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then try to turn on the device if you still have the same issue we would request you to contact a local service technician to have this resolved. Feel free to get back to us if you have any concerns we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for reply but i want to explain that a person found in usa bought it from ebay and sent to me in iraq and the warranty found at the person who sold it in ebay. Must i pay motherboard price (i dont know how much) or the maintenance would be without fee. Pleaze i dont know any details especially in case the person who sold in ebay refused to apply the warranty. I will try to send the device to usa for maintenance and this will make me pay about 300$ just for ship.

780 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Since it was bought from Ebay and we do not have support in Iraq, We advise you to get in touch with the seller, check for the options on how to get this serviced.

Thank you

July 3rd, 2015 23:00

Sir...

thank you i see what you said but i want to know is the warranty become expired if i removed the computer back (unscrew the screws) because i opened the back cover based to one videos found in youtube and tried to remove battery port and press power button for 30 seconds or the warranty is not affected. And if i decided to fix the device in iraq, the motherboard can be repaired or no (i have to buy new motherboard or the problem in motherboard can be fixed by technician).

And thank you again for reply.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 4th, 2015 04:00

You essentially have a system with no warranty to you - there is no warranty on systems sold used until the current owner transfers the system into your name - and then only if the system you've purchased is supported in your country of residence (and Iraq has no official Dell support).   You would be better off returning the system to the seller and obtaining a refund.

Otherwise, all repair/support/etc. is at your cost -- and replacing a mainboard on a system such as this one will be very expensive to do, since the CPU is a permanent part of the mainboard and will need to be replaced as well.

No Events found!