2 Bronze

Dell xps 15 l502x crashes /freezes on gaming

Jump to solution

hi

i bought dell xps 15 l502x one month ago . it ran fine during this period. i have played fifa 11, fifa 12, medal of honor 2010 , call of duty modern warefare 1 virtua tenniis4 . all these games ran fine with minor issues . but now i have started call of duty black ops . and during gamplay it crashed several times . two times it appeared as BSOd  but when i applied releaesd fixes updates , the game crashes but not BSOD. i googled it and found alot of people are having similar issues on this laptop specially , not for this game but also for other games too on it. it want your advice how to diagnose fault  either in laptop or game atleast iwant to vaerify my laptop hardware. i uses dell support pc check up quite frequently but it  shows no hardware issue. i found on internet people saying that you have to replace your borad as it is motherboard problem .i also want to add i also got problem of game failure on fifa11 and cal of duty modern warefare . they games showed non responsive errors but i think it might be overheating . so iadded cooling pad to my laptop but now the problem worsened on call of duty black ops. i have not tried other gmes. i also read some people saying that games crashes on their system while ac power is plugged on i have not noticd that thing on my laptop also do not dare to try this on my laptop

i need to dell experts to look at this issue and provide a solution and rectify this issue in dell xps 15 as alot of people are having this issue on it.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Bronze

Re: Dell xps 15 l502x crashes /freezes on gaming

Jump to solution

my problem freeze laptop during game with plugged in AC power cable , i check anything and also i check hardware everything was okay , no Piece have problem in software i check drivers and also they have not problem so i use some programs like GPU-Z.0.5.7 and i check sensors tab in this program during play game and i see GPU Temperature go to high ! very high , about 80 C ! it High temperature and GPU will shutdown and system freeze , i only do GPU core clock value to 500 , just low shader clock and gpu will be low u can do this setting with nvidia Inspector ! i put a link for download it : www.mediafire.com

i fix it  with my friend help in facebook , now i can play any game , no lag , no freeze , nothing wrong , first of all update to last driver nvidia , intel , realtek audio and also bios after that download that program and in down of it u can see a button " show overclocking " , it ask u for sure do click on yes and u can see a page in right , just low shader clock about 999 and click on apply clocks and valtage , after that test a game , i Promise it work 😄 and we can happy again ❤️ i play this games and work fine very fine 😄 NFS the run , AC revelation , B F 3 , COD MW2 , COD MW3 , Call of Juarez The Cartel , Crysis 2 , L.A. Noire and also Taken 5 with PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600) 😄 it work nice , i must thank my friend oh i must say something to you , when u shutdown or restart your laptop your setting reset and not work u must create a shortcut in nvidia Inspector in show overclocking page and put your shortcut in startup so Each time your windows up your setting will be done , haaaaaaave nice time guys i love you wow 😄

View solution in original post

100 Replies
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yes, I as well have a crash/freezing issue on my Dell XPS L502X. Computer has randomly been freezing on Skyrim as well as on Fable 3 and I am really getting angry. The audio just twitches during the freeze and I am only able to manually turn of my computer. I just bought this laptop from dell a few months ago so if it is a hardware issue I would be very surprised and upset (unhappy customer). 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

My laptop started crashing last week. It is doing exactly what THEBESTALEX's laptop is doing. I have had my heatsync replaced, my power cord replaced twice, and my motherboard replaced. I am starting to think I got a lemon. 15 minutes into any intense game, and I get the locked screen and jittering sound or a checkerboard screen. So sick of this. I'm pretty sure its overheating now (probably courtesy of the crappy thermal pasted used by the tech that replaced my motherboard last month) 82c proc temp 70c video card temp. Hotter than they have ever been and the temps I took right before the crash. I will be calling Dell shortly if I don't find a fix, Although I am quite sick of India by now.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

this laptop have problem , i'm sure it is a hardware problem , with battery work fine but when plugged in AC power freeze  , i use this way and can play games ( with lag and some problem but no freeze ! ) , follow this way :

download and install this drivers :

1 - BIOS A07

2 - Realtek high defintion audio 6.0.1.6312

3 - Intel HD graphics family 8.15.10.2342

4- Nvedia Graphic driver 285.62

after install all download and run this program ( autorunS )

download link right there => up2.iranblog.com/.../i3n3ze26dusl4w74nu7.zip

after run it search all component and dll and everything on start up and services wait for end and go to Applnit tab and uncheck ( remove check box ) up and down ( 32bit and 64bit ) after that close program and run your game run good and no freeze anymore but some games like NFS the run can't run ! i dont know why but i cant play it !

anyway this is only way ! we can run a game with no freeze ! also with Fking LAG ! thank you DELL for this laptop !

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

my problem freeze laptop during game with plugged in AC power cable , i check anything and also i check hardware everything was okay , no Piece have problem in software i check drivers and also they have not problem so i use some programs like GPU-Z.0.5.7 and i check sensors tab in this program during play game and i see GPU Temperature go to high ! very high , about 80 C ! it High temperature and GPU will shutdown and system freeze , i only do GPU core clock value to 500 , just low shader clock and gpu will be low u can do this setting with nvidia Inspector ! i put a link for download it : www.mediafire.com

i fix it  with my friend help in facebook , now i can play any game , no lag , no freeze , nothing wrong , first of all update to last driver nvidia , intel , realtek audio and also bios after that download that program and in down of it u can see a button " show overclocking " , it ask u for sure do click on yes and u can see a page in right , just low shader clock about 999 and click on apply clocks and valtage , after that test a game , i Promise it work 😄 and we can happy again ❤️ i play this games and work fine very fine 😄 NFS the run , AC revelation , B F 3 , COD MW2 , COD MW3 , Call of Juarez The Cartel , Crysis 2 , L.A. Noire and also Taken 5 with PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600) 😄 it work nice , i must thank my friend oh i must say something to you , when u shutdown or restart your laptop your setting reset and not work u must create a shortcut in nvidia Inspector in show overclocking page and put your shortcut in startup so Each time your windows up your setting will be done , haaaaaaave nice time guys i love you wow 😄

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Slowing down your laptops performance is NOT a solution. It all comes down to a half <TOU> installation of the laptops heatsync. I took it apart, cleaned it up, put arctic silver 5 on the contact points, and I'm good to go. NO MORE CRASHING. Another thing I did  to cut down on heat and give my laptop a performance boost was install an SSD.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

OMG ! really ? can u tell us how can install SSD and what is it ? did u have us problem ? freeze ingame during plugged as cable ?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

An SSD is a Solid State Drive it can Replace your hard driver for much better and faster performance however they are expensive. As for the game crashing issue this is a motherboard problem and possibly a setting problem. Optimus technology is a way to have 2 video cards on the motherboard. Basically if you right click on your desktop and go to Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3d settings, Make sure that for your 3D programs under program settings have the high performance Nvidia graphics processor selected. Also you can change the global setting to Nvidia processor as your preferred graphics processor. If you do not you could run into a lot of trouble runnign 3d games as it is auto selecting your intel graphics chip rather than your nvidia chip. . As for the post at the top of this. If you are getting a BSOD  this is probably your windows installation. Try reinstalling the OS and if the issue persists that means its a hardware problem. If you change the Nvidia setting and the problem keeps happening. Make sure Dell Replaces your motherboard because that fixed it for me for a short time but then the issue came back (which was supposedly caused by having auto-select chosen in the nvidia properties.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello. I have experienced similar problems while running demanding games on my xps 15 l502x GT540M core i7 2670QM 8GB RAM. After downloading the latest nvidia drivers (available on their site, not on dell`s - I downloaded driver ver.

285.62) AND Intel HD 3000 graphics processor drivers on dell's website, it seems this problem has been solved. I've played Battlefield 3 for hours and did not experience a single crash.

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

oh and I also updated the BIOS to A09 via Dell's website

0 Kudos