Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 4th, 2012 17:00

Dell xps 15 l502x won't turn on

Hi, I was using my Dell XPS 15 l502x when it turned off (didn't shut down just turned off instantly) and now it won't power on. Battery shows full power but i get nothing when pressing the power button and it has now been off for 1 hour. I have tried battery in + AC, battery in alone, no battery + AC and none of it works. When the AC power is connected the charging light does not come on either. No indication as to what the issue is, it wasn't hot, there wasn't a burning smell, had only been on for ten minutes, had a full battery, was AC connected and the AC adaptor is fine (it has the normal blue glowing light). Any help or advice is appreciated.

• 

3.3K Posts

May 17th, 2013 11:00

Hi M111,

Thank you for the update. Please check if the issue persists even with a known good Ac adapter. In case the issue persists, you may consider replacing the Ac adapter and motherboard.

If the system turns on with a known good Ac Adapter, consider replacing the Ac adapter. If the system is under warranty, send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. In case the system is out of warranty, let me know the region you belong to, to provide the contact information to get the system fixed. Click on the link below and enter the system service to check the warranty status:

http://dell.to/12Bz4Il

Revert for further queries.

2 Posts

June 21st, 2013 10:00

Hi,

I went to a local dealer. They serviced the laptop and it's now working fine :)

The issue was that the Nvidia chip became dry ( that's what they said ) and they had to recondition it. Cost me around 1000 INR ( around $17 ).

Hope this will be helpful for others.

Thank you :)

• 

3.3K Posts

November 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi deenie1956,

Do you hear any beeps at startup?

I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds. Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors.

Try reseating the HDD and memory. Find the link below for XPS 15 (L502X) service manual:

http://bit.ly/QE7oQ7

Let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

I had the same problem with my XPS 15 l501x.

Most of the time the problem are broken soldering joints from the nVidia graphic chip.

Reflow the nvidia chip helped with my laptop. Ether with a heatgun (worked for me) or oven  (reflow oven is best, if you can access one at university etc)

i used this tutorial: [View:youtu.be/gvvQ10hlgb0:550:0]

How to disassamble your xps 15: [View:youtu.be/goVrdbWoOnA:550:0]

Hope i can help some other people to fix this "expensive" problem the cheap way.

Greets Ben

October 4th, 2012 17:00

Hi,

I would recommend you to perform flea power. Unplug all external peripherals like printers and remove the power cable from the system. Hold the power button down for 10-20 seconds to drain flea power.

Ensure the AC adapter port on the laptop is properly connected. Also, would suggest you to check only with AC adapter connected on a different power source.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

October 5th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

I tried the flea power but that hasn't helped and unfortunately I don't have another AC adaptor to try it with. Although I am sure the adaptor is fine.

Thanks,

677 Posts

October 10th, 2012 20:00

Hi bidds,

I suspect that it might be an issue with the 'Motherboard'. Please check if the light is glowing on the Ac Adapter when connected to the laptop and also check if the light comes 'On' when you disconnect it from the Laptop. I request you message me your system service tag number in a private message. To private message accept my friend request, click on my user name and click start conversation. This will help us in providing you a faster resolution.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

1 Message

October 14th, 2012 18:00

I just experienced the exact same problem with our XPS 13. I tried all o the same step you had and was also unsuccessful. We have a second AC power cord and battery and neither of those fixed the issue. I look forward to answer for this issue. Thank you.

677 Posts

October 15th, 2012 08:00

Hi mjs3071,

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

1 Message

October 16th, 2012 15:00

I have a XPS and am experiencing the same problem listed above. Last week my laptop turned off with no warning then i turned it back on and again it turned off by itself and i haven't been able to turn it back on since. The last thing i saw on the screen as it turned off was some kind od update & configuration. I've tried powering with AC and with the battery alone but no luck. The light just keeps flashing. Can anyone please offer any advice on how to get my laptop working again.

2 Posts

April 20th, 2013 05:00

I am having the exact same problem with my XPS L502X, please help!!!!  I don't get any lights on at all whether its plugged in or not, nothing happens when I press the power button, whether the laptop is plugged in or not!

54 Posts

April 21st, 2013 07:00

I'm curious about discussions on problems being taken to PM's.

Isn't the point of a community help forum to allow others to share solutions to problems?

• 

3.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi inverness,

I understand your concern. The reason to take the discussion offline is because there will be exchange of customer’s personal information.

• 

3.3K Posts

April 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi becx106,

I recommend you to connect the Ac adapter to a known good wall outlet and check if there is steady light on the Ac adapter (without connecting to the computer). If there is no steady light on the Ac adapter, reseat the brick and cable and check. If there is steady light on the Ac adapter, remove battery and all peripherals from the system, press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds to flea power. Now connect only the Ac adopter to the system and check. Reply with the status to assist you further.

No Events found!