brenk1
1 Copper

Dell xps15 9550 bios 1.4.0 problem resuming encrypted drives

Hi,

I recently update my bios to the latest 1.4.0 version. Now after entering sleep mode (due to closing the lid) and resuming my disk (/home) is not populated correctly. I'm using linux debian 9.

I use an internal nvme flash disk as root filesystem w/o HW encryption security and that disk is resumed ok. On a secondairy ssd disk using hw encryption as which serves are my home partition, after bios update this partition is not resumed correctly. The disk is there but the encryption password is not set so the disk will not work. After reboot and typing the password the disk is usable again.

On the previous bios 1.2.14 this setup was working fine, when upgraded to 1.4.0 this started to fail.

In the release notes of 1.4.0 there are bugs fixed with password security for encrypted disk so I assume this is why behavior has changed, but this introduces bugs on my system. Is there anyway to fix this? or a newer version of the Bios available?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
brenk1
1 Copper

RE: Dell xps15 9550 bios 1.4.0 problem resuming encrypted drives

On the latest version 1.5.1 resuming from suspend stopped working. I'm not alone www.reddit.com/.../

Maybe it is time to make a bios where all features just work?

0 Kudos