PiotrIr
1 Nickel

DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 update

Hi,

I have bought the Dell Vostro 3560 couple of months ago and just updated to Windows 8.1. After this the DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software started to cause problems (sometimes doesn't work). I've updated all drivers to the latest version but can't find update for DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader  and under my registered programs there is only 6.3.0.300 version which is over one ear old.

Could you advise how to update it please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
27 Replies

RE: DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 update

Hi PiotrIr,

You should download and install “Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver”. If you have difficulty in downloading the drivers please watch this video:

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
PiotrIr
1 Nickel

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your reply,

As I mention I've already done it and have successfully installed latest version of Validity Fingerprint Sensor. The device is working fine as I can log in to my laptop using fingerprint. I have problems with the DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software and looking how to update it.

0 Kudos

Hi PiotrIr,

I apologize for providing you the steps you have already performed. From your post it was not clear which drivers you are referring to. DigitalPersona Fingerprint Suite is available for download from the My Dell Downloads page, which requires you to login and validate your system for eligibility. For more information on My Dell Downloads, refer to this video:

How to download Dell-installed Software and Drivers from My Dell Downloads

Hope this helps.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
PiotrIr
1 Nickel

Hi Zohaib

I'm aware I can download DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader from My Dell Downloads but unfortunately only old version (07/2012) is listed. What I'm looking for is the latest version of DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader software.

Could you tell me where I can get it please?

0 Kudos

Hi PiotrIr,

The download available in My Dell Downloads is the most updated version of the software for your system model.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
Raxin
1 Copper

Hi,

I have the same problem. It looks like then we can't use the finger print reader on the Vostro 3560 in Windows 8.1 for the time being.

0 Kudos

Hi Raxin,

Is the finger print reader in your laptop completely unusable or the issue is intermittent and is similar to the one reported by PiotrIr?

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
CVooren
1 Nickel

I have the same problem. Uninstalled old driver, installed new Validity driver (Validity WBF 5011 version 4.5.226.0), reinstalled DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software 6.2 (version 6.2.0.300). Fingerprint reader is working correct and also th DigitalPaersona application is working.

But the DigitalPerona software cannot find the fingerprint reader and ask me to connect the reader. So I think this version of DigitalPersona software is not correct for Windows 8.1.

Best regards, Kees van Vooren

0 Kudos
PiotrIr
1 Nickel

Any update?

0 Kudos