Raxin
1 Copper

RE: DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 update

Hi Zohaib,

My problem is similar to Cvooren's. The drivers install, and DigitalPersona works, but there's no communication between DigitalPersona and the fingerprint reader.

Is there perhaps other software you can recommend besides DigitalPersona that is compatible with Windows 8.1?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot recommend any other software because we have not tested them on our machines. Please wait for any other release of DigitalPersona.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
CVooren
1 Nickel

Hi Zohaib,

Thank you for your answer. I understand that we have to wait for a new release of DigitalPersona.

But can you tell us more? Are they working on that? Do they know there software is not working in W8.1. Or is Dell allraedy started with testing a new relaese?  

Best regards, Kees van Vooren

0 Kudos
Roberto Bicudo
1 Copper

Sirs

I sent e-mail to Digital persona and I received this link:

http://www.digitalpersona.com/Support/Customer-Service/End-of-Life-Notification-for-Consumer-Product...

What do we think about it?

0 Kudos
free_refil
2 Iron

Hey guys, I kinda had this same issue, but have it working correctly now...  The current drivers from Dell for 8.1 DO NOT WORK with Digital Persona's software!  You have to install the Windows 8 drivers.  You can tell that you're running the correct ones if the device in device manager is listed only as "Validity Sensor"  If is has WBF <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> or whatever in it, it will NOT work.  My driver version in Device Manager states 2.2.0.0 and the setup file I used was "Vostro-3560_Security_Driver_N1CR5_WN_4.4.231.0_A02"

Also, there is an update to the Digital Persona software that is NOT available on My Dell Downloads.  I was able to find it elsewhere in the forum, but, I install the copy from My Dell then I run the update, which brings my Digital Persona version to 6.2.1.309a.  Its ~54,514KB.  I can setup a link if y'all need it...

0 Kudos
PiotrIr
1 Nickel

Well, I believe this is a way around not solution unfortunately. My device (any on the laptop) should work with the latest drivers from DELL website.

I bought my machine four months ago and I'm really happy of quality which is a way better then HP or other vendors. Now I expect the service and support will be as good as hardware (I paid more then for HP) so solution will be proper one.

What I worry about is Digital Persona doesn't support my software any more - even more, it wasn't supported when I bought it (as per link from Roberto). HP has his own credential manager with fingerprint reader which is constantly updated.

DELL could could you answer for my question please?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
free_refil
2 Iron

It would be your solution if you'd follow my simple instructions.  It works flawlessly for me.  I installed 8.1 using all 8 drivers the first go-round, and only noticed after the fact that Dell had an 8.1 section, and my entire PC functioned just fine.  In fact, I have additional issues now that I've started from scratch and used all 8.1 drivers.  Not only did the Digital Persona software not work with the 8.1 drivers, but also my HDD that I have in my optical bay which is accelerated by the 32GB mSATA using IRST, keeps spinning down now regardless of power settings in both Windows and in the IRST software's new "Power & Performance" settings.  It makes a horrible sound when it spins up/down as the power settings expect it to be a CD-ROM, not a HDD.  Granted, this is a nonstandard configuration, but you understand that the latest doesn't always equal the greatest, right?  Besides, it's a fingerprint sensor, what sort of improvements do you expect with driver updates?  IMO it either works, or it doesn't.  In my case, it does, and in yours, not so much...

As far as getting your software and fingerprint sensor working in 8.1, Dell will be unable to help you as they will not be able to make any changes to the Digital Persona software to make the newer drivers work with it.  You will HAVE to use the older drivers to get the software to work in Windows 8.1, as that's the ones that it was built to use.  If Dell releases a new package to fix this, I'll bet it'll just contain the older drivers, so you can sit around and wait for them to "update" them if you wish...  They may even come around and say the same thing I am, which is use the 8 drivers...  It's not like I'm telling you to use Windows 7 drivers....

I have always used the Digital Persona software religiously.  I absolutely love this software.  However, they no longer update the software nor support it.   

0 Kudos
Roberto Bicudo
1 Copper

Sirs, I got to install with Windows 8 drivers (2.2.0.0) and update Digital Persona to 6.2.1.309a (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19473435.aspx?PageIndex=2).

The access on logon start is possible, but Digital persona not capture the informations of login and password in logon sites' (neither IE or Firefox or Chrome). Strangely the software finds "the search box" in this site, but not login box. I am thinking the problem is how  the logins are been programmed in browers IE or FF or Chrome, because maybe this version of Program not get to capture the informations of login. In Windows 7 and IE 10 was OK.

With The driver version 4.5.226 the native fingerprint of Windows 8.1 is working on start logon, but only this. Not capture logon sites.

If someone get to find the solution, please tell us.

0 Kudos
free_refil
2 Iron

Very strange..  I'm running the same SW versions and driver versions as you and my software works fine in IE and Chrome....  

0 Kudos
Roberto Bicudo
1 Copper

FREE_REFIL, tell me: in your IE (I think it is IE 11) in  Internet Options, Manage add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions has something like "DigitalPersona Personal Extension"??

I think now this add-on maybe not compatible with IE11, because in my IE11 don't show it. I don´t remember if it was in IE10.

I put in Firefox this add-on "Fingerfox (SE)" and the digitalpersona is very strange: find the text box wrong, not show box of login, but Works.

Do you have some idea to resolve it?

0 Kudos