free_refil
2 Iron

RE: DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 update

I don't think your software is working correctly.  There is no plugin for IE, but the program works flawlessly in it..  I can't speak for Firefox, as I use Chrome, and yes, when I installed the software, it added the Chrome plugin for me.  I believe this happens when you perform the update, as I don't remember the OEM software coming with the Chrome plugin...

0 Kudos
Roberto Bicudo
1 Copper

Sirs, I resolved the problem:

1- Internet Options .

2 In the Security tab  selected to turn protected mode off.

Restart IE11 and "Voilà".

The Digital Persona is working now.

I dont undertand how the protected mode affects Digitalpersona.

If someone knows, tell us.

0 Kudos
Raxin
1 Copper

You have to install the Windows 8 drivers.  You can tell that you're running the correct ones if the device in device manager is listed only as "Validity Sensor"  If is has WBF <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> or whatever in it, it will NOT work.  My driver version in Device Manager states 2.2.0.0 and the setup file I used was "Vostro-3560_Security_Driver_N1CR5_WN_4.4.231.0_A02"

Hi,

@free_refil, if I run the "Vostro-3560_Security_Driver_N1CR5_WN_4.4.231.0_A02" installer it tells me it's only compatible with Windows 7 even though I downloaded it from the Windows 8 section of the support site. If I run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode, I still get the same error.

Any help appreciated. 

[UPDATE:] Ok, after restarting (after uninstalling the W8.1 drivers) it defaults back to the version 2.2.0.0 drivers. All good now!

Thanks free_refil, you rock!

0 Kudos
free_refil
2 Iron

Glad to hear!  =]

0 Kudos
dafob
1 Copper

Just wanted to add to this post since you guys have been very helpful starting this thread. 

The problem isn't Protected Mode per se, but the new "Enhanced Protected Mode".   You should turn Protected Mode back on but go to

Internet Options -> Advanced -> uncheck "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode" under the security settings. 

DigitalPersona works normally in IE11 after turning off Enhanced Protected Mode.

0 Kudos
djb77
1 Copper

I also have had problems with the win 8.1 driver not working at all. I restored back to win 8 driver and at least the login to windows worked, but none of the IE logins. Last week I installed a program called LastPass a login program that stores your logins in the cloud. It worked really good, but I don't like my passwords stored on some server somewhere. I decided to use this program only on non important logins. I then noticed that my fingerprint reader started working with internet explorer again after installing LastPass. Go figure. Last Pass is free, I don't know why my digital persona started working, so it may be worth a try. I really want to remove the Last Pass but don't know if it will remove the files that made my fingerprint reader work so will leave it installed. May be worth a try.
0 Kudos
mahendrad47
1 Copper

If any one is having DigitalPersona Fingerprint Reader 6.2.0.300 software setup kindly share with me.

0 Kudos
dafob
1 Copper

You can download the software from this site:

teknogods.com/.../viewtopic.php

0 Kudos