Highlighted
Wandrade357
1 Nickel

Dimension B110

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have a Dimension B110, which from a physical aspect is pretty much intact, aside from the HDD that somehow came loose. I'm in the process of buying a power cord an vga connection to see if it works period.

Would anyone be able to tell me if I would be able to use just the case to build a new PC? I dont mind spending some money on a new mobo or other peripherals. I'm studying for the comptia a+ exams and figured this would be a good way to practice.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Dimension B110

Jump to solution

There are a number of issues you'll face, starting with the proprietary wiring of the front panel harness in the system, which won't work with anything but a Dell OEM board.  The next will be the fact that just about nothing inside the system is useable for building a new PC - the hard drive is the old PATA interface, and you won't find much if anything that'll take this type of drive now - the memory is out of date, and you'll need a new CPU (no new board will take a CPU that old).  Essentially, the keyboard, mouse and monitor are about the only salvageable parts in the system.

If you really want to build a new system for the experience, reuse those three parts -- the rest, recycle.

0 Kudos
Wandrade357
1 Nickel

RE: Dimension B110

Jump to solution
Thank you for the information ejn63.
0 Kudos