Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2013 10:00

Disable zoom/magnifier

I have a Inspiron 15-3521 I searched but couldn't find how to disable the zoom/magnifier that seems to come on randomly. I did find where it's activated by the extreme left side of the touchpad but that doesn't seem to be the case. If I go control panel - devices - touchpad there's no options there to disable it. Is there a way to disable it? I sure hope so.

2.6K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hello Stelcom66,

I apologize for the delay in response. In order to disable the zoom feature of the touch-pad, please try the following steps:

1. Click the touchpad icon in the system tray.
  2. Click touchpad properties, this dialog box enables you to configure Sensitivity settings, Button settings, Scrolling and Zoom Settings etc.,

Hope this helps!

2.6K Posts

June 30th, 2013 04:00

Hello Stelcom66,

In order to assist you further, please help me understand the following details:

• Is it happening only on all windows or only while browsing the internet?
  • Since when are you facing the issue?
  • Does the issue persist if you are using an external USB mouse?
  • Please check if the issue persists in Safe Mode with Networking. To enter Safe Mode with Networking, restart the computer and keep tapping F8. From the Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.

Awaiting your response!

27 Posts

June 30th, 2013 08:00

In order to assist you further, please help me understand the following details:

• Is it happening only on all windows or only while browsing the internet? Happens with both
  • Since when are you facing the issue? Since new
  • Does the issue persist if you are using an external USB mouse? Don't have one
  • Please check if the issue persists in Safe Mode with Networking. To enter Safe Mode with Networking, restart the computer and keep tapping F8. From the Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter. Haven't tried yet 
  • When it happens in IE or Google Chrome I'll need to go to the zoom settings to restore the size back to normal. When is occurs I'll see a magnify icon with a + and -. I found that if I touch both edges of the touchpad, bottom left and upper right and bring my fingers together - I can activate the zoom. If I could just disable the feature I'd be all set.

27 Posts

July 3rd, 2013 20:00

The dialog box doesn't enable me to change anything. It just shows General Drivers Details Events Resources. I don't know what the 'system tray' is.

I accessed it via device manager.

27 Posts

July 4th, 2013 08:00

I did see the touchpad in the system tray, but the zoom feature appeared to already be disabled. I changed it from a green icon which I assume means on, back to off then saved... will see what happens.

2.6K Posts

July 4th, 2013 09:00

Hello Stelcom66,

Please do let me know how it goes.

Awaiting your response!

27 Posts

July 6th, 2013 07:00

Alan - I still had the intermittent zoom icon after disabling in the system tray settings. So I then disabled 'Gestures'. It's been a couple days and so far I haven't seen the zoom

2.6K Posts

July 7th, 2013 06:00

Hello Stelcom66,

I am glad to know that. However, we would check for a couple of days if the issue arises.

No Events found!