Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 16th, 2015 11:00

Disabling the keyboard

Hello,

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 13 series 7000, a 2 in 1 (laptop and tablet pc). But, when I want to use it like a tablet, I have problems with the keyboard because it keeps active, i.e., as the keyboard remains active and on display I touch it so it accidentally types or active functions I don't want to active.

So I ask: how can I disable the keyboad in a way I could use the tablet function without accidentally typing?

Thank you!!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 16th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

When the display is tilted at an angle beyond 200–225 degrees, the keyboard and touch pad will be disabled. The same point may be used to re-enable the input devices when transitioning back to notebook mode from tablet mode.

If the above steps are not disabling the keyboard. I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2015 19:00

Thank you for your help.

Just after to send my message I've searched on the internet other solutions and I read that the problem could be solved if I update ou install the quickset application. I've done it and the problem's gone.

Anyway, thank you again.

No Events found!