Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 10:00

Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered.... please help irritating error

Hi All,

i am facing a problem in my new Dell inspirion 14 laptop with core i3. on logging in, the screen starts to blink and doesnt show anyhting for a few seconds. It then shows a message "Display Drivers have stopped responding and have been corrected".

I am not able to find any solution to the same and i am yet to contact Dell custoomer care for this. Can anyone here post any solution for this. Is it something related to old drivers.

Regards,

Abhay

3 Posts

March 1st, 2010 11:00

in also facing the same issue in 1564 inspiron ... whats the reason behind it any help??????

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2010 20:00

only during first start up after a long period of shutdown i get this error... not after restarting and sleep etc.... it is really strange... did u contact the dell support?? what did they do to get rid off this trouble?? i didn't contact them yet... 

3 Posts

March 5th, 2010 23:00

I think ur friend is right .. there might be a serious problems ... replacing board seems to be the only option.... i did contact them.. they had me reinsyall the entire os ... but no use.. what r u going to do now?

5 Posts

March 5th, 2010 23:00

i get this issue ... rarely...there is no definitive pattern on it. & yes...i did contact dell cust care...they asked me to download the drivers from the dell site, which they provided. this was done on last to last saturday .. I again gt this problem yesterday.... this time it showed that the Drivers for Intel graphics accelerator for "Windows XP" have stopped responding and have recovered. Also, startup seems to be pretty slow from yesterday.  Do u think this is a serious issue, because when i enquired around one person told me that this is a serious issue and he and his friend had a dell inspirion 15 and they had to replace his motherboard, wireless card and network cards. What do you think?

5 Posts

March 6th, 2010 04:00

I contacted them today, they made me upgrade the BIOS ... the point is these guys dont know what they are doing...its like a Hit and trial for them...

I m going to wait and watch for this week till friday .. if the problem comes again i'll go the service center on saturday...

5 Posts

March 8th, 2010 09:00

hmmm.. m in bangalore brother... But i suppose the situation is the same in every service center of dell. i seriously wouldnt recommend DELL to any1 now. it would have been better if i would have gone in for acer .... its cheaper and more reliable...

Let me know if u get ny updates,... on ny H/W changes done on ur laptop

May 6th, 2010 14:00

Im having exactly the same problem. Aparently the guys at Dell, as someone said before, they are trying trial and error.

Please find a solution guys!

The computer runs great (I've got a Fast Track Dell Inspiron 1564, Win 7, intel i3 330M, 500GB, 4GB Ram) but when it boots the screen goes literally black for some seconds and then this message appears.

5 Posts

May 7th, 2010 11:00

get it replaced as soon as u cn...

June 12th, 2010 05:00

had a problem with  the fan so they replaced the motherboard, a week later i started getting the black screen on windows start up, with so many people with this issue i dont believe its a hardware/motherboard problem, more to do with software/drivers etc, but its so frustrating

No Events found!