Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 17th, 2017 11:00

Display on XPS Infiniti edge to edge now so small cannot read anything

I tried upping from recommended 250% to 350% for use of a genealogy program made that program larger but nothing else and if I use pinch to spread out and enlarge then screen impossible to work on because it just jumps from side to side I set everything back and restated and still the same display smaller than before.  I have Nvided GEForce 960M video card and right now laptop is useless.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

October 17th, 2017 13:00

I didn't even realize you could go that high.  When I tried 250%, some things became so large that it became impossible to click important buttons since there wasn't enough display area to present them.  It sounds like your genealogy program isn't scaling-aware.  Also note that in some cases, after changing the scaling setting, you need to log off and back onto Windows for the change to fully take effect.

Also, what version of Windows are you running?  The display scaling functionality has changed significantly with each release of Windows from Win7 on, including within the various releases of Windows 10.

No Events found!