Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 10th, 2016 22:00

Do I have openGL on my E6420 xfr ?

I need what I am guessing is going to be rather basic info for some more tech headed than my self.
I need to know if my dell e6420 xfr with intel hd 3000 graphics has or can have openGL which I need to run a favorite useless program.

When I install said program a screen saver it will not open and run, just flashes in the screen saver window.
I have done a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit, I reinstalled the dell drivers in the order they had listed.

Many thanks for any help as I am in the dark on this openGL thing.

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

May 11th, 2016 17:00

Greetings The13bats,

Thanks for your question.

According the below document, 2nd Generation CPUs with Intel 3000 have Open GL support.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-2nd-generation-intel-core-processor-graphics-hd-graphics

17 Posts

May 11th, 2016 19:00

Justin, thanks,

So any idea why mine is, not to put too fine a point on it, not working with the program that needs it?

I did do a clean reinstall of win7 64 and did install the drivers in the order that dell lists, do other drivers have a bearing on the graphics as I am using the latest version of the graphics driver.

It seems something is missing on my end of this.

many thanks

bats

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

May 12th, 2016 16:00

Hi Bats,

I'm not a software expert by far, but I'll see what I can do. Answer the below:

-what application is it that you're trying to use?

-does the application installation complete? If so, what exactly happens when you try to run the .exe ( launch ).

-If the application doesn't even allow install, what error, if at all, do you get?

Screen shots of any errors or symptoms will be helpful.

17 Posts

May 18th, 2016 13:00

This is just a pointless besides liking it for many years screen saver, the matrix trilogy

http://www.thematrixscreensaver.com/

I use the latest version, it installs but when you click preview or wait for it to auto start nothing a screen flicker or not even that, oh but it plays on my 25 dollar hp pos I built from scratch and my other comps

My main furor trying to get it working is also if my comp should support it and the cat that wrote it says it should and my comp doesn't support it then something is wrong with my computer....I am too COD to deal with something not working.

lets face it reinstalling drivers from dell isn't easy, the order, the correct driver, having your system scanned or using the service key still in my case will say I need drivers that when I try to install them it will say it cant or that I don't have that hardware,

thanks for trying,

Cheers,

Bats

No Events found!