Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

August 27th, 2006 05:00

Do I need a different power cable to travel abroad? Adaptor is o.k. but what about power cable?

I've got a new Dell E1405 laptop which I'll soon be taking to Europe. I've read all the info re: AC adaptors having no problem converting to European voltage (220 volts). However, Dell site says power cables for U.S. laptops (which plug into the AC adaptors) are only rated for 115 volts. I had a chat with Dell Support and they said if I don't get a different power cable (rated to 220 volts) to work with the adaptor, it could be a fire hazard.

No one else who has posted here seems to have had problems using their existing laptop power cords with adaptors while traveling abroad. ... sounds like they've just added the correct plug for the foreign outlet. Is Dell being over-protective and I don't need to worry about it?

Does anyone know anything about this? Would appreciate any advice. Don't want to have to buy a new power cable if I don't have to.  Thanks!

5 Posts

August 28th, 2006 09:00

i am not sure if this help but i have no problem using the cable provided with the laptop while i was in Southeast asia. 

2 Posts

August 29th, 2006 00:00

Thanks... it does help. Any confirmation that the existing power cable will be o.k. is helpful. We'll give it a try.

1 Message

December 2nd, 2015 03:00

Do you have an idea about job prospects for nurse jobs in Canada?

No Events found!