Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2015 12:00

Docking Station for Dell Precision 7510

I joined Dell Communities very recently after buying myself the Dell Precision 7510 laptop. It's a great product so far, but I want better. I want more ports. A docking station to go with it is the obvious solution.

What is the best docking station compatible with the Dell Precision 7510 laptop??? My specific needs/setup:

- 2 external screens (D-sub / HDMI connection, or for £50 more I can get display-port), possibly more screens in the future

- high-speed internet cable

- headphones/microphone

- USB sockets for mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, external hard drives, etc.

I presume that the Advance E-port Replicator is the best/most suitable. I just want to be sure of this, because my laptop model (Precision 7510) is still very new, and not all information everywhere has been updated about compatibility. I don't want to make an expensive mistake. I'll be travelling and won't have the opportunity to "return" the products I buy. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 28th, 2015 16:00

Yes. I contacted Dell sales... and they told me that the Dell E-Port Plus II, is compatible with my Precision 7510. After written confirmation I went ahead and bought it from a UK supplier on Amazon for £100... but it came in dodgy packaging and wasn't quite working, and the adapter was the size of a brick (literaly). I returned that back to Amazon... and tried my luck with Amazon Germany. You can get the original product from them for about 140 euros, and it works perfectly. The link to the product:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A8ESOVA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

(that's actually UK now that I check it... that's the one I bought and it's good)

Basically Dell hasn't updated it's information about compatability yet. The docking station is listed in the check-out for the Precision 7510, but doesn't specifically say it is compatible with that model. I've had other similar problems elsewhere too, like I want to instal LoJack on my laptop, but can't find any information on whether my laptop model supports something called "persistence technology" in the BIOS (which makes it impossible to uninstall LoJack even if you change hard drives).

2 Posts

December 28th, 2015 15:00

Did you confirm that the Advance E-port replicator is the most suitable product?  I contacted Dell sales and, based upon their website's docking station compatibility list, told me that there is no docking station that supports the 7510.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2015 15:00

I have the same question.  Have you found a suitable product?  

2 Posts

August 31st, 2016 09:00

At work my laptop was upgraded to a Precision 7510.  With it I got an E-Port Plus II docking station, which was basically the same as the one I had for my Dell Latitude E6520, except wider.  It's a stretch to say that the laptop fits this port expander.  Yes, you can connect it, but it's like putting a 5 year old kid in a 42 large suit-- he can get into it, but it certainly doesn't fit.

I told our procurement dept. that they gave me the wrong port expander, though from the answers here it seems that Dell doesn't make one to fit this laptop.  Is that something that's coming out soon?  Or am I stuck with the kludge I have now... :(

No Events found!