Highlighted
E6400_MUC
1 Copper

Docking station and 2560 x 1440 Pixel (U2711) is this possible?

Hi everybody,

i received a brand new E6320 two days ago and was very happy in the first moment but I use the following settup at my office which doesnt work as expected:

Laptop + Docking station + U2711

My problem is that cant increase the resolution to the maximum of 2560 x 1440

Using the DVI cable received with the LCD I can select up to 1680Pixel
Using a miniHDMI to HDMI cable I can select up to 1920Pixel
Using a VGA cable I can select up to 2048Pixel

It doesnt make a difference if I plug it directly into the laptop or into the docking station...

HW Details: I7 2620M + 8GB + SSD Vertex 3 + everything else what was available...

At the moment I'm very unsatisfied as nobody from the support team could really help me.. If you have any ideas please let me know!

Thanks in advance Alex

P.S. Returning the device is no possibility, isnt it???

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Docking station and 2560 x 1440 Pixel (U2711) is this possible?

E6400_MUC

Have you tested the U2711 on another other systems?  What is the highest resolution that you have received period from the LCD.  At the same time if you have another LCD about what is the highest resolution that you have received from the PC?  What is the highest resolution that you have received using the integrated LCD on the notebook?  Try to find if the problem is with the PC or the LCD.  There should be a 21 day return availble for either product if you are unsatisfied with either.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos

Re: Docking station and 2560 x 1440 Pixel (U2711) is this possible?

In this case you can only use the big Dockingstation and connect the Monitor via DisplayPort, but you will have other Problems, that you can find here, if you use the CPU Grafic Card (thats the same if you enable optimius):

en.community.dell.com/.../19385401.aspx

kind regards

Biricon IT Services
Dell partner - Sophos certified partner
Austria - Europa

0 Kudos