DualLinkDVI
1 Copper

Re: Docking station compatibility with dual DVI monitors

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I cannot find any (sub)menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel where I can see or change the video card not do I see any menu referring to the Intel video chip.

Hope you can be more specific.

0 Kudos
dcatcha
1 Copper

There is a bios setting to enable the laptop screen and two monitors using hte dock. Note the bios setting is automatically turned off if you installed XP.

0 Kudos
dcatcha
1 Copper

I forgot to tell you what setting Optimus in BIOS  under video

0 Kudos
Nexdominus
1 Copper

RE: Docking station compatibility with dual DVI monitors

This setting is not in my BIOS  Optimus is not listed anywhere in my BIOS.  I have the latest BIOS from Dell.

0 Kudos
Rarpin
1 Copper

Isn't it wonderful how DELL cannot provide answers to what appears to be a huge problem with most users who want to use the Dell monitors, Dell PRO 2Xdocking station, Dell laptop.

I WAS able to use both monitors, but then I updated BIOS and Windows on my Latitude E7440.

I have spent over 8 hours searching for an answer from Dell and Anywhere and still am not able to use both monitors.  I can now only use one DVI-D connected monitor.  Ridiculous.

Can we get an answer Please, Dell???

inkkistar
1 Copper

hi guys, 

i know these posts are abit old but i seem to have run into this problems now.

has anyone found any solutions to the port replicator not displaying on to both external monitors using DVI port (which was working fine previously)?

thanks in advance.

NotDeanKane
1 Copper

I was given a docking station and a Lattitude E5450 which has the Intel HD graphics.

I am plugging two monitors into the two DVI ports on the docking station and trying to use all three displays (including the laptop's screen).

Every couple minutes, the monitors on the DVI ports go black, then come back on.

I have tried a lot of different things, like uninstalling and rescanning for new hardware; updating drivers for both the video and the displays; enabling the monitors in different sequences, etc, but nothing seems to make this go away.

Is it really a matter of the docking station cannot support two DVI monitors plus the laptop display simultaneously?  Or is there a fix to this?

0 Kudos
pstep17
1 Copper

Hello, I have a pro3x dock and a E5530 laptop. I am attempting to use two external monitors and the laptop monitor(open) all at once. I was told when I received this laptop/docking station that it has been used with all three monitors previously. First I cannot get the docking station to power my laptop. I have to plug the power cord direct into the laptop. I have a DVI monitor plugged into the docking station and another monitor plugged into an adapter to an HDMI plug and plugged into the laptop. I have to unplug this and the power cord every day when I take the laptop off the dock. This to me defeats the purpose of the dock. I also cannot get the two external monitors to work with the laptop open. I can get both to work with it shut or one to work with it open but not all three. In my monitor configuration it detects the three as it should. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
gregz6806
1 Copper

I have a Dell M6600 with the 210 watt E-Port Replicator using two Acer AL2216W - 22" dual monitors at 1680 x 1050 resolution using Windows 7 Ultimate.  The docking station supports 2500 x 1600 resolution.  The third (3rd) monitor can be added by using the VGA port or a C2G (USB to VGA) circuit.  Right mouse click on the screen and go into the "screen resolution" menu  and extend the desktop to the second display.  Identify the monitors, then drag the monitors to the RIGHT and LEFT potions and assign the main MAIN display by checking the box for the main display.  Save the settings and click "OK".  

Now connect the THIRD display and repeat the process positing the third display above the bottom two.   This allows you to read across and up extending the opened window across the screens.  The 3rd screen works well over the Right or Left screen for this purpose. 

Four (4) monitors can be done using the two (2) DVI Ports and the VGA port with the C2G circuit, but that was with another competitors computer and docking station.   DELL looking forward to this feature in the upcoming  M6900 Mobile Workstation and docking station.

0 Kudos
flynnmr
1 Copper

same problem.  Both were working ok for months, now after an update only one works (dell precision 7710 with dell docking station and dell monitors)

0 Kudos