Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 12:00

Does Alienware 15 already come with temperature monitoring software?

I know alienware desktops have ambient temperature monitor in alienware command center. My 15 laptop does not have this option. Is this something I can download for my laptop? or do i have to rely on a third party software?

• 

16.7K Posts

June 17th, 2015 11:00

Nidhin,

The Alienware Command Center has thermal temperature readings and is for both Alienware Desktops and Laptops. Click the link below to download it.You should use that first. Then compare with 3rd party software.

Alienware Command Center

All CPU Meter (Gadget) - Monitors CPU Cores, Core Temps (with CoreTemp support), and RAM useage
addgadget.com/all_cpu_meter

CoreTemp - Monitors CPU Core temps (usually, just running in background)
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

GPU Observer (Gadget) - Monitors GPU
blog.orbmu2k.de/.../gpu-observer-sidebar-gadget

CPU-ID HW Monitor - Monitors lots of hardware. (Actually, just grab all the free CPU-ID utilities).
www.cpuid.com/.../hwmonitor.html

Hard-drive Benchmark and SMART report
CrystalDiskMark
HD-Tune

GPU-Z - Tells you all about your GPU and video card
www.techpowerup.com/gpuz

2 Posts

June 17th, 2015 12:00

T

Nidhin,

The Alienware Command Center has thermal temperature readings and is for both Alienware Desktops and Laptops. Click the link below to download it.You should use that first. Then compare with 3rd party software.

Alienware Command Center

All CPU Meter (Gadget) - Monitors CPU Cores, Core Temps (with CoreTemp support), and RAM useage
addgadget.com/all_cpu_meter

CoreTemp - Monitors CPU Core temps (usually, just running in background)
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

GPU Observer (Gadget) - Monitors GPU
blog.orbmu2k.de/.../gpu-observer-sidebar-gadget

CPU-ID HW Monitor - Monitors lots of hardware. (Actually, just grab all the free CPU-ID utilities).
www.cpuid.com/.../hwmonitor.html

Hard-drive Benchmark and SMART report
CrystalDiskMark
HD-Tune

GPU-Z - Tells you all about your GPU and video card
www.techpowerup.com/gpuz

Thank you for the reply. In my command center, I only see AlienFX, Fusion, adneraline, and tacx. None of those tabs have the temperature information included in them. Where in the command center is the information located. 

No Events found!