Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2016 17:00

Does not turn on

I bought a Dell Inspiron15 laptop from Amazon about 3 months ago. Lately, it has been freezing up, and tonight I restarted it, because it was freezing, and now it won't turn on. No light. No noise. Nothing. I tried some of the suggestions on this board (such as removing the battery and charge cord and holding power button), and still absolutely nothing. Everything I need to do for my new business I need to do on this computer. I need this issue resolved immediately or I will start to lose clients. Please let me know you can help!

2K Posts

August 27th, 2016 09:00

Hi RTSID,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? Were there any bluescreens / system crashes? Are you using an original Dell Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible? Could you check this adapter on another system if possible? Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system? Do you see any leds come on when you press the power button?

Based on your response, we could advise further course of action.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!