Highlighted
markmesesan
1 Copper

Don't know what to call this problem

I recently installed a good number of driver updates recommended for my XPS M1530, but now I've got an annoying new issue I'm guessing is related to one of the downloads.  When I change pages on the internet, the text on the screen goes fuzzy for a second, then sharpens up.  It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough.  Any idea what might be causing it, and can you help me fix it?

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Don't know what to call this problem

markmesesan,

If you are using IE9 take a look at what people did to resolve this issue in the links below.

IE9 Fuzzy & Duplicated Text

Internet Explorer 9 Clear Type Disable

0 Kudos
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Don't know what to call this problem

You do not need to update a 'good number' of drivers if you are not having a problem. Dell makes all drivers for all configurations of your model available in case you need to reinstall, but not all "recommended" drivers will be for your computer even if you use your tag. You must know what is installed in your laptop. Look at the Hardware Device Manager to see the actual hardware you have and see if there are any problems with incorrect drivers. If you see any problems you can select to rollback to the previous driver. The download list will contain drivers you don't need. Remember the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." That is especially true for laptops.

0 Kudos