Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2011 17:00

Downloading Laptop System Software/Drivers

Can I download Laptop System Software and Drivers to a flashdrive on a different computer then install them on my Dell laptop from the flashdrive?

4.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 18:00

Yes you can.

Go here and put in your Service Tag or model number of your computer.

Make sure you select the correct operating system so that it offers the correct drivers.

support.dell.com/.../index.aspx

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 19:00

I cannot access the internet from my dell, but I can from my other computer. Can I download the Laptop System Software and the Drivers to a flashdrive then download them to my dell from there?

Yes.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 20:00

It's downloading it somewhere. Find where your downloads end up and copy them to the flash drive.

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2011 18:00

I cannot access the internet from my dell, but I can from my other computer. Can I download the Laptop System Software and the Drivers to a flashdrive then download them to my dell from there?

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2011 19:00

I tried downloading the Laptop System Software and it is trying to download it to the laptop that I'm on which is a toshiba. It does not give me an option of downloading to a flashdrive.

7 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 01:00

Thank you to everyone who answered my question. I got the files downloaded to my flashdrive and I have downloaded to my laptop. Now just to see if they work! Lol!

No Events found!