Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 21st, 2017 09:00

Dozen or so laptops all failing to wake from sleep after installing Windows 10 1709 Update

I have multiple Inspiron 7569 systems that do not work correctly after install the 1709 update. When waking from sleep, the display just shows random black & white lines. I also have multiple Inspiron 7353 systems that exhibit the exact same behavior with the 1709 update installed. Dell lists both models as tested for this update.

In 100% of cases:

• Rebooting and using F12 to run diagnostics shows no hardware problems
  • Using Dell Update to check for updates says the machines are up-to-date
  • Rolling Windows back to 1703 immediately fixes the problem

Given the number of machines and complete consistency in behavior it seems overwhelmingly likely there's a software or driver compatibility problem here. Is the list of compatible models simply wrong? Are the software updates needed to fix this problem distributed through some channel other than the normal Dell Update? Something else?

January 3rd, 2018 10:00

Bump. Anyone else seeing these kind of problems or know of a solution?

I can add Inspiron 5559 to the list. I've also seen multiple laptops of that model fail in the exact same way and all be fixed by reverting Windows to 1703.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2018 18:00

I just bought a new Inspiron 7373 Laptop and am having the exact same issue after the software updated when I started it up the second time. I'm not finding any solutions.

No Events found!