Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2013 12:00

Driver_Power_State_Failure is back in my laptop XPS 15-(L502X)

Hello i

have a dell xps 15 laptop for almost 1.2 years.I used to get some BSOD when i installed windows 8 but after contacting Microsoft Technicians my laptop was running smoothly ..........but few days onward  i am getting this BSOD showingRE DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

well when i Run the software called "BlueScreenView" i was able to know the reason to go to BSOD as it seems to be some what technical i was not sure what to do next kindly help me over this issue

I am coping the scrren shot the software which i used gave me (it loads the minidump and displayed the message)

Thank Q

Waiting for reply from any one.............:)

July 19th, 2013 13:00

Hi UdayPutta,

I would suggest you to run the diagnostics on the system to eliminate any hardware related issues and check the hardware functionality. You may follow the steps below :

• Power on the computer
  • Press F12 button when you see Dell logo on the screen
  • Highlight the Diagnostics option and press Enter
  • Note down error messages if any and reply with the outcome

If diagnostics pass, then the issue might be with a specific driver. You may refer to link Here for step by step instructions on analyzing bluescreen error using Dell Online diagnostics and try fixing it.

Such an error might occur if a specific driver is malfunctioning. The file "ntoskrnl.exe" is a generic process and does not point towards any specific driver. I would suggest you to install the latest Windows Updates. Also, try updating the system drivers from Here -> Enter the service tag of your system ->  Select the operating system -> Download/install the drivers in correct order as given Here.

Please share the findings. Will take it further.

4 Posts

July 20th, 2013 20:00

Hello Sandeep thanks for your reply.....

i performed diagnostics text (each and every test over there) but no issue or error it fired out performing next step now wil let you know if i find any issue

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 06:00

hii

i performed all the steps you have said

but still i am getting the same error..........

what to do?

July 22nd, 2013 18:00

Hi UdayPutta,

It seems to be an issue with the OS. I would suggest you to re-install the OS. Once the OS is installed, you may install the drivers from Here -> Enter the service tag of your system ->  Select the operating system -> Download/install the drivers in correct order as given Here.

Note : Please backup important data before re-installing the OS as OS re-installation leads to complete data loss.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

No Events found!