Highlighted
Appolon
1 Nickel

Drivers for xps l702x for a clean install.

Jump to solution

Hello people!
     I have a xps l702x and I wand to have all my drivers "handy"...
 ..if I decide to have a clean install.
  the "problem" is that in tutorials they speak for maybe 10 drivers
but if you look closer to all the devices ...you can count...20 and more...
   If somebody knows do I need all this? is so confusing...story...
 for turbo bust, usb hub, simple usb, usb3,realtek for audio, realtek control,....bla bla bla....maybe 30..
...or it will find some by updates?
   If anybody made already this procedure? so he can tell me what he was need exactly?
 Also do you know a greater number is always newer?...because it happens
that I have a greater number version from that dell gives...how is possible that
they have an older....or maybe the letters like A0  A1 etc change the order
so for example 1.0.1005 A1 can be newer from 1.0.1100 A0.....
    Any idea?.......and thanks for your time....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Drivers for xps l702x for a clean install.

Jump to solution

Hi Appolon,

If you perform PC Restore, there is no need to perform drivers updates. However, if you are planning to perform clean installation, please ensure that you install 'Dell support Center’ on the system. Using ‘Dell support Center’ will show updates specific to your system only. However, you would need to download and install the drivers manually.

• Click on the link http://dell.to/RS19Iy
  • Choose the country
  • Click on ‘Download Now’
  • Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  • Right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’, install the file
  • Restart the computer

Dell Support Center’s is now called My Dell.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Appolon,

If you perform PC Restore, there is no need to perform drivers updates. However, if you are planning to perform clean installation, please ensure that you install 'Dell support Center’ on the system. Using ‘Dell support Center’ will show updates specific to your system only. However, you would need to download and install the drivers manually.

• Click on the link http://dell.to/RS19Iy
  • Choose the country
  • Click on ‘Download Now’
  • Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  • Right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’, install the file
  • Restart the computer

Dell Support Center’s is now called My Dell.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

Appolon
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Appu!

Thanks for so quick reply. I'll try to give my best english...

Yes I want to try a clean install (The "idea"....,iso and the "how"..I found here ..in Dells community...)

Also I have already make the recovering disks, I have an image from the W7 system utility....So I can roll back..

Questions : 1) If after the clean install I recover with the disks or with the image, will I get back my recovering function and partition?

2) my iso is in english so I'll change language and it is o.k. for me. So when I'll download the "my Dell support"

I suppose must not be in greek....Am I right?  So I must download the english version that is means I have to select a "wrong" country?

Can you advice me? I'm living in Athens.Can I choose England or America? (or maybe can I have the support in greek and the Os in english?)

3) When I bought xps I had in C:\drivers\...15 drivers folders. Do you know that is all I need for drivers? or there are more  which are not there?

4) There is a newer version of bios. Do I have to update before or after clean install?

5) I was in ftp server for Dells drivers..I downloaded 21!...and it looks that I need them...Do I must install them? or I must  wait until the "my Dell" suggest me what I need?

I really appreciate for the time you spend for me......Thank you.

0 Kudos
Appolon
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I'll give an example that you understand about the versions I wrote in my first post.

In my system I have already Renesas USB3.0 Host Controller v.2.0.34.0 A02-R299115

In Dell's site there is v.2.0.30.0, A01-R290515

This confuse me very much...which is newer? is it possible I have a newer than Dell suggest?

0 Kudos
Appolon
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I found some answers in others posts...

..Thank you Appu.

I wish for you good time

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Appolon,

Glad to know that all your queries were answered. Do reach out in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos