Highlighted

Dual Boot Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04 Problem with installing m2 PCIe NVME on Precision 5510

Yikes! installing a second partition with Ubuntu is really hard next to Win7 on a m2 PCIe NVME.If you have been successful, your help would be greatly appreciated.

I have encountered numerous problems installing Ubuntu 14.04 on a separate partition on a Precision 5510 with  1TB m2 PCIe NVME memory installed by Dell. 

I started out by creating a USB with the Universal USB Installer and the Ubuntu 14.04 installer.

then followed these stepswww.lifewire.com/ultimate-windows-8-1-ubuntu-dual-boot-guide-2200654  encountered two problems. 

1.) When booted to try Ubuntu and then selecting the install ubuntu icon, the installer does not recognize the m2 PCIe NVME drive and failing because the installer sees < 6GB of storage. 

2.) The system bios configuration SATA operations must be changed from RAID On to ACHI - This corrupts the Factory Win 7 image installed by Dell and fixing it requires reversing the bios configuration change and running windows repair.

This is dead simple with on any system with a SATA  hard drive.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Here is the really crazy thing. I need both Ubuntu for work and windows to communicate with the most of the world.  

I chose to have Win7 factory installed believing that installing Ubuntu on a second partition of the m2 PCIe NVME drive would be simple. But that means Dell's support for Ubuntu and access to the Dell factory Ubuntu 14.04 image with drivers including m2 PCIe NVME is excluded from me which I think would solve the problem.

Thank you 

0 Kudos