Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2012 08:00

Duplicate Display On Different Graphics Cards

Hi

Is there a way to use the "duplicate" display option for multiple displays for displays that are on two different graphics cards?
My monitor and VGA port use the Intel graphics card while my HDMI port uses the Nvidia graphics card.
I am able to "extend" my display to HDMI but not "duplicate"
Is there a fix for this?

November 6th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

To help you with the detailed and specific information about how to set up the duplicate display, could you please mention the System model details? In case you are mentioning the service tag please send it to me only through a private message.

4 Posts

November 6th, 2012 11:00

Inspiron N5110

Intel HD Graphics 3000 & Nvidia GeForce GT 525M

4 Posts

November 7th, 2012 09:00

The Nvidia control panel doesn't give me any option to duplicate displays. Is it possible that Intel has some sort of control panle?

November 7th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

To duplicate the display on an external monitor using an HDMI cable you will have to open the NVidia control panel.  Open the Display tab and select set up multiple displays and set up the display accordingly. Please find below the link for the NVidia Control Panel start up guide, you may refer to the same if required.

us.download.nvidia.com/.../290.53-NVIDIA-Control-Panel-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

This is known limitation of Systems that comes with NVidia optimus technology. It may be fixed with a future driver update from NVidia.

I hope this helps.

November 7th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

You may consider updating the NVidia driver and try the control panel again. Also try the key combination ‘Windows’ + P and check if you are getting an option to duplicate the display.

4 Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

I installed the latest driver available from the Nvidia site. The desktop did duplicate initially, however once I switched to my laptop display then back to duplicate, it didn't work.

No Events found!