Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2009 19:00

E1505 LCD problem

I have an E1505 that has decided to have issues with the LCD.  I searched the forums, but wasn't able to find this same scenario.  While working on it the other day, it got all these vertical stripes on it, then went totally black.  It hasn't come back on since.  I hooked up an external monitor and get some video, though it's a bit garbled and has vertical lines also.  Now Windows (Vista) won't boot due to hardware error.  Diagnostics (FN + power) gives beep code 3-2-1 "Unable to detect LCD".  I checked the cables and all appear to be make good connections.  Letting Windows do start up repair does not improve the situation and I've done F2 setup and couldn't find anything out of the way in BIOS.  I thought maybe it was a bad LCD, but why would the external monitor (known to be good) have issues as well?  I had hoped to just buy a new LCD (saw some on fleabay for around $100), but if it is the integrated graphics card and not just the LCD, I don't know if that will help or solve the issue.  I don't want to drop the money for the LCD only to find out the whole mobo needs replacing or something similar.  And, of course, it is long out of warranty.  Any ideas?  I'm growing more and more frustrated as each new attempt fails.

If it's toast, what is the best way to retrieve items from the HD?  Right now, I can't even get it to boot up enough to copy off data.  Maybe if I made a boot disk on a thumb drive and booted to it, then copied via DOS?  Or can I even get it to recognize the USB port that early?

No Responses!
No Events found!