Highlighted
The BSOD
1 Copper

E1705 w/ Nvidia video card - Can't change display color settings in Vista w/ Dell drivers installed

I just upgraded to Vista and loaded the Dell / Nvidia drivers for my Nvidia 7800 video card that came with the laptop.

With these drivers installed I can't change any of the color settings (color contract, brightness, gama, color correction, etc..) I looked at the Nvidia help & it states I should have an icon labeled 'Adjust Color Settings' in the Nvidia contol panel, this icon is missing.

I have reloaded the drviers & even reloaded the OS with no change.

Am I missing something , can I do this with some native Vista control or am I just not able to conrol color settings with this card & unfinished Dell / Nvidia drivers?

Thank you for your help.

Message Edited by The BSOD on 07-15-2008 11:31 AM
2 Replies
Highlighted
Sofu
4 Tellurium

Re: E1705 w/ Nvidia video card - Can't change display color settings w/ Vista drivers installed

Assuming you have 32-bit Vista, uninstall your present video driver and download and install the driver for NVIDIA 7800 dated 1/19/2007 available here.
John

My Dell system

Inspiron 1520 purchased 5 Feb 2008
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250:2.0Ghz, 2MB cache, 800MHz FSB
4GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphics memory
Highlighted
The BSOD
1 Copper

Re: E1705 w/ Nvidia video card - Can't change display color settings w/ Vista drivers installed

Yeah, that is the Dell / Nvidia driver that is installed right now (that is the only Dell / Nvidia driver that you can download).

Anyone else know what else I can do to adjust my video color settings?

Thank you..

Message Edited by The BSOD on 07-15-2008 11:32 AM