Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2017 16:00

E4310 Backlight Keyboard

Good Morning/Afternoon,

I have recently purchased a second hand E4310 with 3gb of ram and an ssd. It also came with the backlit keyboard. Every time i use Fn+right arrow i see a box on the screen showing its either on, off or on ambient sensor. Im running win 10 pro. Everytime I open the laptop the backlight turns on momentarily on then off. I have tried the time out setting, I cant even get it turned on so I don't think that's the issue. I think I may be missing a driver. Anybody have a fix?

July 18th, 2017 01:00

Hi Snotrap,

Please update the BIOS, chipset drivers to the latest available drivers from our support site.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address, so that we can check on the system configuration as well.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 18th, 2017 01:00

Thank you for your message.

Uninstall Dell ControlPoint from control panel & reinstall from this link http://dell.to/2uDNm1n

Once reinstalled, from main DCP screen choose Display and Devices, then click Manage Display & Devices. This brings up the Display Manager window. Hover the mouse pointer over the Keyboard Backlight menu item.

3 Posts

July 18th, 2017 18:00

Hi Sreejith,

DCP is only available for a 32 bit system, im running a 64 bit copy of win 10 pro

No Events found!