Highlighted
Nathan121baker
1 Copper

E6430 cold boot freezing

Hello all! I have a Latitude E6430 with an i7-3540M. When I purchased it a few months ago it had a 500gb mechanical hard drive and was running windows 7 Pro 64 sp2 and fully updated. Bios was one version behind (I don't remember what revision). Anyway when I got it and opened it up it powered it on but it would got to the OS loading and froze. I noticed that the hdd light would flash with activity and then stop. I held down the power button until it powered off and then tried again and it booted up and loaded everything fine. I never had a problem with it while using it and everything was fine. Shut it down and let it sit overnight. Next day it does the same thing. I put up with this for a week before I decided to try updating to Windows 10 to see if a new OS would help but it didn't. I tried brand new ram, updating to the current bios and also tried an SSD. Nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: E6430 cold boot freezing

Nathan121baker,

Driver Installation
After a fresh copy of windows installed, always install the Intel chipset driver utility first. After that, you can install the rest of the devices' drivers in any sequence.

Chipset Drivers Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility
Video Drivers Intel GMA HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia NVS 5200M

Audio Drivers IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio
Dell Data Protection Applications Dell Data Protection|Access -- Installer Package
Network Drivers Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device
Network Drivers Intel WiFi Link 6xxx Series WLAN Half-Mini Card
Network Applications Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth Module
Communication Drivers Conexant D330, HDA, MDC, v.92 Modem
Chipset Drivers Intel Unified AMT 8 Management Interface Driver
Chipset Drivers Intel USB 3.0 xHCI Driver
Chipset Drivers O2Micro OZ600xxx Memory Card
Chipset Drivers ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor
Input Drivers Dell Multi-Touch Touchpad
Chipset Drivers NEC USB 3.0 

Latitude e6430 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos