Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2014 11:00

E6430 heat issues and other mistakes.

Hi,

I recently bought E6430 i7-3740QM 8GB 256ssd, nvidia, wifi n6205, 3g 5560...

First visual impression was good. Little bit heavy, but looks robust.

After first boot up was not so happy...

After initial setup tried to switch wifi. No luck, updated bios, same..

So decided to disable switch in bios for now. Wifi works ok now. Yet havent tried how reliable signal.

I have not installed any additional software yet. Laptop idle temps are 55'C in 18'C room. Small load easily lifts it up to 70'C. For test launched virus scan (40% cpu load) which within 2 min lifted temp up to 85'C?!!

I tried diagnositics test (F12 button during dell logo) and temperature during test easily gone up to 85'C and rising up to 100'C?!!!!

Fan is speeding up anly at about 65'C? Max fan speed I saw was about 4k rpm?

I can't work on such machine....
Constant heat will just kill battery... Its already has only 82% health......

Also I was dissapointed when I saw micron c400 256 ssd instead samsung pm830???

My packing slip states samsung pm830, so why I got this micron???!

I wrote email to tech support, but had no reply (24hr ago)...

I am really dissapointed  with all this... Dell should get some grip on their staff.... Dell website is sometimes a real nightmare to use, random errors or not loading pages(same with all my 4pc in different locations)...

To be honest I already changed my mind with 17" allienware which I wanted to buy...

Need some help asap, please...

4 Posts

February 21st, 2014 11:00

Just an update:

Today I got email from tech support ( Substitute character removed as per TOU>email?!)

"

Dear .....,

Thank you for contacting Dell Email Hardware Technical Support.

After reviewing your e-mail, I have understood that you are facing an issue with the system.

Please be assured that we have a dedicated team who has all the expertise to help you in resolving the issue at the earliest.

As per the order details of your system, you have 90 days premium phone support warranty; therefore I would request you to please contact our premium support on Toll Free Number: 0800-028-2660 0800-028-2660 anytime between 8am - 8pm GMT, Monday to Saturday for further assistance (Please note that the number is toll free only when the call is made from a landline phone).

For Ireland: 1850-964-258 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

I assure you that once you contact them, the issue would be resolved at the earliest.

I thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

Thank you for choosing Dell.

Regards,
J......h K.......y,
Dell E-mail Hardware Support

"

So 6pm  phoned 0800-028-2660, pressed 4 for tech support, entered expresscode, and answer was "Sorry lines closed......lines open from 8am - 6pm....."

Substitute character removed as per TOU> is this? This is a joke, even "Dell" support employee doesn't know their own working times.... Obviously he just copied info from dell web, which is also stating wrong info:

I can't believe in this Dell premium phone support.... Yeah Dell and premium great joke.....

Really disappointing...... Result 3 working days and no help so far.......

Dell should consider changing their employees and managers...

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype Credit Free via Skype
No Events found!