Highlighted
j-m-d
1 Nickel

E6500 controlVault vista business

Jump to solution

I had to reinstall vista business (32 bit) on an old E6500 latitude.    I had downloaded the latest CAB file and all devices were either identified correctly either by the install or having it search for drivers in the cab except the Broadcom USH device.  Searching, I found this was controlVault driver.    

The default cab for it didn't install so I uninstalled it (got to the point where I get a "found new hardware" notification when I boot) so windows really doesn't know about it.

I downloaded the controlVault driver installer from the dell support site CV_Drv_Setup_R5W65_A10_32bit_ZPE.exe.    When I run it, I get an error that says that the wizard was interrupted before the control vault host components installer could be completely installed.   There's a checkbox to view the installer log and when I view that, the error says  "Error 2732. Direct Manager not initialized."

Is there something I have to install first to get a "Directory Manager"?   I tried installing the control vault diagnostic and the install also says it was interrupted before finishing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
j-m-d
1 Nickel

RE: E6500 controlVault vista business

Jump to solution

Figured it out.   Appears the driver installer requires at least SP1.   When I installed that, it worked.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
j-m-d
1 Nickel

RE: E6500 controlVault vista business

Jump to solution

Figured it out.   Appears the driver installer requires at least SP1.   When I installed that, it worked.

0 Kudos