Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2011 17:00

E6520 Windows 7 Bluetooth mouse disconnect

Hello.

I have a new E6520 Windows 7and Dell BT Travel Mouse.  I have "paired" the mouse.  However, once to twice a day the mouse stops responding, or rather, the system fails to respond to the mouse.  The only solution I have found is to go to the Bluetooth Devices, delete the mouse, then rediscover it.  The trackpad continues to work about 90% of the time once the Bluetooth mouse fails.  The keyboard has continued to work in these events and I have been able to Save my work and reboot.  The reboot fixes the trackpad, but I still need to remove and re-add the BT mouse to get it to work.

Suggestions?

TIA!

-Aaron

3 Posts

August 11th, 2011 14:00

I have the same problem with my new E6520 and a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000.  I've noticed a "chime" seems to sound about when the mouse disconnects, but it still shows up in the Bluetooth device list.

1 Message

November 30th, 2011 08:00

I also have exactly the same problem - with exactly the same Dell and mouse models.  I have not experienced the 'chime' when the disconnect happens.

Any solutions suggested?

Thanks,

Andrew

3 Posts

November 30th, 2011 09:00

I couldn't resolve the problem. I gave up and got a non-bluetooth mouse.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2012 16:00

I have the same problem. I found a way to reduce the frequency of disconnections. Go to the Device Manager > Right-click on the Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth Module > Go to the Power Management tab > UNCHECK "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" > Click OK and close the Device Manager. I have this laptop for over a month now and use it almost the entire day. My bluetooth mouse drops maybe two or three times a day compared to almost every moment I stopped using the mouse. If you are worried about your battery like me, you can turn off the Bluetooth adapter from your system tray when you are not using your Bluetooth.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2012 04:00

Exactly the same. This is inexcusable in business class!

1 Message

June 4th, 2012 11:00

I have the same problem and I'm using a Logitech m555b bluetooth mouse on my dell Latitutde 6220.

It is incredible, I tryied my mouse with several pc an laptop and only on dell it is not working.

9 Posts

June 20th, 2012 06:00

Same problem here. Also with a MS keyboard, both devices work fine on another system.

August 6th, 2012 14:00

Same issue here with an XPS13 and Dell BT mouse. Removed all drivers and reinstalled BT drivers from Dell and the software from Dell but continues to disconnect and MUST remove the device then rediscover it. Are you listening Dell!

1 Message

October 31st, 2012 12:00

I have the same issue with the Dell BT travel mouse and Dell Latitude 6530.  I just returned from training where the mouse was basically useless.  I have changed the power management as suggested and hope that this will at least make the mouse more functional.  I hope that Dell comes up with a solution for this soon.

1 Message

April 19th, 2013 13:00

i have the same problems, but i'm  IT Support and this problem is repetitive. any solution?

3 Posts

April 19th, 2013 13:00

I never got a resolution.  I had to purchase an new wireless mouse with a USB receiver.

1 Message

March 12th, 2014 18:00

I am having the same issue with a brand new Inspiron 3537 running Windows 8.1 and Dell BT Travel Mouse (PU705). I tried the solution about unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management tab under all the various BT related devices I could find under the Device Manager, but this did not solve the problem. I can regain control of the cursor by toggling Airplane Mode (Fn+F2), or simply going to the Manage Bluetooth devices screen under PC and devices, and even just by opening up Bluetooth Settings in the notifications area of the taskbar. I'm actually beginning to think it's the mouse instead of the computer because if I switch the mouse off and back on without even touching the computer, I can get control of the cursor back.

No Events found!