Highlighted
Austinwilli
1 Nickel

E7440 lcd upgrade

I am attempting to upgrade 70V031LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 14.0HDF, WLED, AG, EDP, FLAT, LEGEND

to a 1080p lcd.  Is a replacement cable required? If so can someone help me with a part number?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

RE: E7440 lcd upgrade

Greetings Austinwilli,

According to my parts replacement list, there's only one cable part number for the E7440. Therefore, we can fairly safely conclude that your current cable will also work for a FHD screen.

Part number for the cable is: D3M6R 'EDP CABLE NON-TOUCH'.

Justin C Dell Technical Support | Project Sputnik

Dell Support is also on Twitter! https://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
Forge128
6 Indium

Embedded DisplayPort, swanky. If the reseller stocks the right screens for that model, any resolution should work fine.

0 Kudos
BetterCallPaul
1 Nickel

Hi
just wonderin if you were able to upgrade to a 1080p screen?

I currently have a 14.0 HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare WLED-backlit in my e7440. Screen part number is chimei N140BGE -E33.

Is it as simple as finding a 1080p , matt, non-ips and non-touch screen? I've found a couple on eBay Uk.

thanks

0 Kudos
BetterCallPaul
1 Nickel

better yet, could I use an IPS 1080p screen?

0 Kudos
8 Xenon

Notebooks work only with those screens they're shipped with - the system must be able to ID the screen.  A set of EDIDs is built into the system firmware.

There is an FHD screen listed for that model

LP140WF1(SP)(B1)

Anything else you try, verify compatibility with the seller.  

Also note that if your system is under warranty, replacing the screen WILL void the warranty.

0 Kudos
Austinwilli
1 Nickel

The one I ordered is Laptop LCD Screen 14.0-inch WideScreen (12"x7.4") WUXGA (1920x1080) Full HD Matte LED compatible with Dell LATITUDE E7440 / 3 Years warranty. It works....
0 Kudos
BetterCallPaul
1 Nickel

awesome. would you happen to know the part number for the new and your old screen?

0 Kudos
Austinwilli
1 Nickel

I purchased from laptopsceen.com.

Just searched my dell model

0 Kudos
BetterCallPaul
1 Nickel

and it was as easy as plug and plug?

0 Kudos