Highlighted
Krate
1 Nickel

E7450 keyboard backlight

Jump to solution

Hi,

I  have a Latitude 7000 (E7450). The keyboard backlight doesn't work. I tried holding Fn key + right arrow key but nothing happens. I looked at every key but none of them have the backlight icon. Could you please tell me how to enable the backlight?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: E7450 keyboard backlight

Jump to solution

Hi Krate,

Did the backlight on the system work when you purchased it?

Also, Please private message us the system service tag and the region you are located so that I can check the system configuration and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Krate,

Please boot into the BIOS (F2 during startup) and check for Keyboard Illumination & Keyboard Backlight with AC options under ‘System configuration’

Also, please check for Fn Lock Options under POST Behavior screen.

0 Kudos
Krate
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi,

There's no such option under "system configuration" and Fn Lock is checked and in the Disable/Standard mode.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Krate,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on your system to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Then use Fn key + right arrow key to enable the backlight keyboard on the system.

0 Kudos
Krate
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Ravi,

I updated the BIOS, but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Fn key + right arrow key didn't enable the backlight and in the BIOS there still no Keyboard Illumination & Keyboard Backlight with AC options under ‘System configuration’.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Krate,

Did the backlight on the system work when you purchased it?

Also, Please private message us the system service tag and the region you are located so that I can check the system configuration and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

0 Kudos
staish
1 Copper

Jump to solution

All you need to do is to press the Fn and the F10 key simultaneously. Enjoy!!

Jump to solution

Hi, I too am experiencing this problem. Updating the bios and Fn left/right/F10 do not work, nor does my service or express service tag seem to register in Dell Support.

I am in Oceania (Australia)

Regards,

0 Kudos
jafetruiz5
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I, Ravi.

I'm also having the very same issue with my e7450. I have followed the instructions you have given here but the backlight keyboard feature won't work. I have also private messaged you with my systems service tag and region.

0 Kudos