Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MV

June 26th, 2016 08:00

E7470 - Windows 10 + fingerprint = issues with TPM after a few sleep/wake cycles

E7470 with the latest BIOS and latest drivers for everything else.TPM version is 2.0.

Put the computer to sleep (close lid) and try to use fingerprint to log in works for a while. After about 5-10 sleep/wake, the fingerprint stops working and Windows reports 'Something has gone wrong." Windows 10 reports in the Event Viewer:

Log: System
Source: TPM
Event ID: 14
The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer.

Only way I have found to fix this is a reboot. Would like to see if there is a TPM firmware upgrade or a new driver that fixes this. Sort of annoying to reboot just for the sake of rebooting....I keep a lot of applications running.

Is there a Dell TPM driver for this? It is using the Microsoft driver 10.0.14366.0 dated 6/21/2006. I can't find one on the Dell support site.

2K Posts

June 26th, 2016 12:00

Hi MARK.VALPREDA,

Are you using Windows Hello to login?

If you have already updated the BIOS, then reinstall the chipset drivers and the security drivers - http://dell.to/28Z4Fzh - ControlVault 2 driver and firmware and you could also try reinstalling the TPM 2.0 update.

Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

June 27th, 2016 20:00

I am using Windows Hello and everything is up to date. Sent you a PM. I think this might be driver or firmware related. See a few people with issues with the TPM on the E7470s so far. I'll be more than happy to help with beta firmware or anything.

2K Posts

June 29th, 2016 18:00

Hi MARK.VALPREDA,

Thank you for the update. 

I have responded to your private message. Please kindly check and provide the requested details via private message and we shall provide a resolution.

No Events found!