Re: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

Hi hpant,

As ejn63 suggested the BIOS settings will not help to fix the issue.You will need to get the HDD replaced.

For repair options(charges) please contact Dell India Technical Support.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
damongold
1 Copper

Re: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

IT MIGHT NOT BE THE HDD!!! i too have the same issue, i removed the HDD and it works fine when i placed it in a caddy in the expansion bay also it works fine in 6 other laptops and 4 desktops (including a a mac running bootcamp) the ribbon cable to the  SATA connector may be  loose or its a cold solder on the PBC. i will get back to you after i have dissected the MoBo also i installed xp and 7 on two other drives while in the main HDD bay they worked for three boot cycles then disappeared, could also be a Driver corruption or bios issue.

0 Kudos
damongold
1 Copper

NOT TRUE!! IT MIGHT NOT BE THE HDD!!! i too have the same issue, i removed the HDD and it works fine when i placed it in a caddy in the expansion bay also it works fine in 6 other laptops and 4 desktops (including a a mac running bootcamp) the ribbon cable to the  SATA connector may be  loose or its a cold solder on the PBC. i will get back to you after i have dissected the MoBo also i installed xp and 7 on two other drives while in the main HDD bay they worked for three boot cycles then disappeared, could also be a Driver corruption or bios issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
damongold
1 Copper

first i'm going to flash the bios (A16) to the previews version (A15) and test it until it fails. if A15 fails i will flash to A14 ...and so on until i can confirm its not the bios then i will dig into the MoBo.

0 Kudos
Slingd
1 Copper

RE: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

your brain is toast....I'm putting in a new hdd and get the error.

I see you don't work for Dell, which makes sense.

0 Kudos
don604
1 Copper

RE: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

I had this problem too, and a friend made a wild suggestion that worked.

BACKGROUND:. I have 2 identical D830's that failed the same way within days of each other. Each had a Seagate 7mm drive in the drive slot. Nothing was being recognized. But, both drives were proven good using a USB interface on another computer (i.e. offboard HDD drive case).  Even brand new Seagate 1TB 7mm drives failed to recognize for Windows or Ubuntu.

I was suspecting the SATA connector wasn't working right, because testing with a 9mm HDD (Hitachi, WD) both worked, booting fine.  And, the connector appears soldered onto the motherboard.

SOLUTION: My friend casually mentioned sticking some foam tape on the drive near the connector to keep it tight. so I did, and believe it or not both computers, and both drives, came back to life the same way. So the solution was 5-cents worth of thin (2mm) 2-sided foam tape with a piece of hard packaging plastic on the top sticky edge to avoid it sticking once inserted.

Sounds weird, but it's true. All these problems people have may be due to the shifting of the SATA connector on the Motherboard, and a bit more tension is all that is needed to get a firm electrical connection. Could be from being dropped, or bouncing around during shipping (my situation) or blind luck. Don't forget those screws to hold it in, though!! Pretty important.

Hope this solution works for you too!

Don M

Vancouver, Canada

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

It isn't tension - it's that the system was designed for 9.5 mm drives -- the 7 mm drive needs a spacer.  While foam tape may work, it's also likely to melt and make a mess inside the system.  A cleaner solution is to use a hard plastic spacer.

Example:

www.amazon.com/.../B014LQM6I2

0 Kudos