Hockey_Elf
1 Copper

Re: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

Hello I am wondering if anyone has tried updating bios yet?  I have the same issue on a brand new SSD.  It does not seem to want to use this new drive on a regular basis.  It has ran just fine for the last two months and now this error code is appearing.  Inspiron 1505 here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gyrn58
1 Copper

Re: 'ERROR CODE:0141, MSG ERROR CODE: 2000-0141, HARD DRIVE:- NO DRIVE DETECTED'

how can i fix this same problem

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

See above -- replace the hard drive.

0 Kudos
DomJacksonUK
1 Copper

I have the Optiplex 755 with the 0141 Error. It's the same harddrive that has been working for years and even works fine in my external case, the HDD works 100%.

After testing new cables etc I came to the conclusion that I need a Bios Update, I got this idea from seeing that my Bios was version A04 and the latest online is A21.

Makes perfect sense to update the BIOS right? ..... wait a minute, I can't access the harddrive so how am I going to use the DCCU Utility? Well I can't haha!

Can anyone please tell me how to update the BIOS using my USB stick which I know is bootable as it runs the Windows 7 Install app on it.

PLEASE HELP Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Hi DomJacksonUK,

Welcome to the Community,

For steps to create  and flash BIOS using USB stick refer to this link below :

www.biosflash.com/.../bios-boot-usb-stick.htm

Note:This is a 3rd party link and not a Dell validated link.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
hpant
1 Nickel

Hi

I am having the same issue on my laptop but it is happening sporadically. The laptop was purchased in 2008 so I guess its pretty old but then it was used by my parents so not subjected to the usual rough usage and wear and tear.

Could it be a HDD issue if it is coming up sporadically and not all the time ? I have re installed the OS but no respite and yes some other symptoms I am seeing are 

a) Very slow boot times 

b) Laptop hanging a lot and crashing

I would have expected the laptop to never start up if the HDD goes bad but in my case sometimes its starting and sometimes giving this error message.

0 Kudos

Hi hpant,

Welcome to the Community,

As per your observation it does sound like a failing HDD.

Did you run the hardware diagnostics(tap F12 on start up,Dell logo,select Diagnostics)?Did you get the exact error code/message as posted by the original poster?

Also please post your full system model  and Windows version.

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
hpant
1 Nickel

Thanks Roshan. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525 running on Windows 7 Home edition. In case the HDD has gone bad , can you please give me some rough estimate on the costs involved if I get it checked and fixed from Dell India ?

0 Kudos
hpant
1 Nickel

I did carry out the diagnostic tests and I got the following error codes

First I got 2000-0142. When I opted for the testing to continue, I got 2000-0146.

Later during the advanced diagnostics of my HDD , I got the error code 0F00:0244saying uncorrectable data error or edia is write protected.

Incidentally I read somewhere that in the BIOS changing the SATA setting from AHCI to ATA fixes this up. What exactly is that ?

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

Your hard drive is physically faulty and must be replaced.  No BIOS setting will fix the problem - you need a new drive.

0 Kudos