Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2012 23:00

Error RN:02000068 when the user try to register one fingerprint using Dell Data Protection software in Lattitude E6430s

Hello,

my problem is that when the user try to register one of his finger, Dell Data Protection show message Error RN:02000068 failed finger registration, finger already registered.
But when I go to admin the fingerprints of Dell Data Protection software, the number of registered fingerprints is 0.

Can anybody help me?

Thank's.

3 Posts

June 26th, 2013 01:00

The problem solve with this steps:

1.- Uninstall Dell Data Protection and Control Vault.

2.- Restart, enter bios and delete TPM módule passwords

3.- Reinstall Control Vault

4.- Reinstall Dell Data Protection

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 25th, 2013 15:00

Hello.
Have you solved the problem?

3 Posts

June 26th, 2013 01:00

Hello,

Yes, I solved the problem.

Need help with this problema?

6 Posts

December 1st, 2013 21:00

Not working!

January 3rd, 2015 09:00

Jim, after a LONG and PAINFUL ordeal with this symptom I isolated a very consistent bug/workaround for this on my E6530 (Win 7).  When I launch the Dell Data Protection | Access software, it comes up with a splash screen (Black, with a big blue padlock), there are two paths through which I can take to get to the fingerprint registration process.  The very obvious path is the underlined 'Manage fingerprints' option, and when I use this route, this is the result:

I can register fingerprints, I can delete fingerprints, but then if I try to re-register a fingerprint previously deleted, I get the error you describe.  Another less obvious result is that fingerprints registered through this process do not work to do pre-boot authentication, they only work at the Windows logon screens.

For ME, the huge roadblock to solving the problem was that the OTHER pathway through the software to get to the fingerprint registration process was invisible to me (mentally, not actually) because it does not look like a control selection on that black splash screen described earlier.  On that screen, the main caption is "Set up secure Access options" with a 'magic wand' pic.  That heading/caption and pic of a magic wand IS ALSO a clickable control that launches a 'setup wizard'.  And following that wizard will get me to the 'Manage fingerprints' dialogue at which I can successfully add, remove, and re-add fingerprints successfully, AND fingerprints added vir this route WILL work for pre-boot authentication.

Yes, the software SHOULD work correctly through either route, but it doesn't.  Yes I feel like an idiot because it took me MONTHS to notice that this wizard path through the software exists.  But hopefully this will be the solution to your issue as well.  (Note: You 'may' need to clear the cobwebs out of your system's fingerprint memory: Advanced tab (lower right corner), Reset System (Sounds scary, but is not).  And default the PC's BIOS and re-select any non-default bios settings that you prefer.  (I did this but did not verify that it was necessary.)

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2017 12:00

I've encountered the same problem as I changed th motherboard (the old one had problems). In the initial steps of bios setup it displays that none of 10 fingers were registered, but after that I tried to register, it says that it already has the fingerprint registered. I've got a Dell Precision with finger scanner (not the roll type)

No Events found!