Rooster78
1 Copper

Error loading operating system Dell Optiplex 740 used in Raw Thrills Arcade

I am currently upgrading a Raw Thrills Fast and Furious Drift arcade from a microtel pc to a Dell optiplex 740. I also upgraded the video card.  I was able to run the three disks for the 3.04 version of the game. Everything seemed to going fine until I started the machine. I had also changed power settings in BIOS to power on after AC loss. The Dell powers on and enters an error screen, "The memory has changed" with options for continue and setup. When I continue it goes to another error, " Error loading operating system". I noticed that when the 1st game disk was run it said erasing hard drive. I figured that to be standard.  But now I'm at a dead end on what to do next. Did running the disks erase the windows 10? Am I doing something wrong? And what would be the fix for this?

Thank you, Rooster

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Error loading operating system Dell Optiplex 740 used in Raw Thrills Arcade

Most likely your game disc was infected with a virus -- game installers SHOULD NOT format the hard drive.

Run an extended diagnostic on the system (F12 at powerup).  If the hardware passes, reload the OS.

0 Kudos
Rooster78
1 Copper

I'll try the diagnostic, but the disc's came directly from the manufacturer,  Betson. I purchased a refurbished 740 that was supposed to have win10 installed but I never actually booted the unit out of the game. I'm wondering if it actually had it instslled. Would the discs run if it didnt? I highly doubt a reputable corporation would send me infected discs.

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

That would be a question for the game's publisher -- game discs generally don't alter the OS when they're installed.

0 Kudos