Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 10th, 2017 14:00

Error message display battery is low (7%) and is not charging

Hi all,

everytime i boot my laptop I get this error message display.

I check my battery and it say 7% of chage and it display that is not charging. Everything is plugged correctely. This let me know that is a software problem.

Now if i use the DellSupportAssist App, to check the battery iit found that the Bios need an upgrade.

When i want to update the BIOS, it remains me that my battery is lower than 10% and cannot execute the software.

Here is my current battery and the charger:

I just went to see that the shied of the jack has an opened-scratch

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2017 10:00

Try a new OEM Dell AC adapter.   If it also is not recognized, replace the DC jack in the system. If you need part reference,  post the system model (i.e., Inspiron 3531, 5555, etc.).

If neither of those solves the issue, the problem is the system board.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 11th, 2017 10:00

:emotion-2:

The issue is with the AC adapter, not the battery. The AC adapter isn't detected in the BIOS, therefore the battery won't charge. The adapter is the original one that came with the computer when purchased? Or the adapter was purchase from a third party website? In the meantime, try some of the troubleshooting steps in the link below:

AC Adapter Not Powering on the Computer or Charging the ...

EDIT:

53 Posts

November 11th, 2017 14:00

Another thing you can do is to use a different wall outlet, I have been through this three times and have determined this has be connected with poor grounding. As soon as I switched to another outlet my laptop started charging as normal.

I have no LED indicator or I can't see a LED

All my outlets is good and tested. It's also a brand new construction.

No Events found!