Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

FM

96 Posts

March 19th, 2006 20:00

Error message on new CD-R

I put in a new blank CD-R and got a message saying the D drive (which is my cd drive) Is not recognized. So I thought I might try formatting it using  Roxio EasyCD format utility, which seemed to work.

Then when I used Roxio EasyCD project selector to copy files to the disk, I got this message:

"The drive is in use by another application. Roxio DirectCD kernal easy CD Creator cannot use it until the application is closed."

I closed everything and rebooted. Same thing.

What is going on?

319 Posts

March 20th, 2006 19:00

You neglected to say if you your CD drive is also your CD-RW drive. CD-Rs are write once disk and cannot be used the same way as CD-RW disk. CD-R disks cannot be formatted using CD Creator format utility.

Please give us more information about the optical drives you have installed on your computer, before we go any further.

96 Posts

March 21st, 2006 22:00

My optical drive is both for CD-R and CD-RW. I know these CD-R disks are write once, but it was a blank disk I put in. I used Roxio Easy CD Creator 5, Project Selector to write to the disk, just as I did many times before. Maybe it was a mistake to try and use Roxio to format it, but I did this only when I did not know what else to do. I did not have this trouble before. Like it somehow did not recognize that the D drive was the optical drive, at first, but when I thought I formatted it, it apparently did.

Message Edited by Frank-M on 03-21-2006 06:24 PM

96 Posts

March 21st, 2006 23:00

I just found out that when I try to copy to any cd-r disk using Roxio, even one where I have files written to previously by Roxio, I get this same message about Roxio being in use. This never happened before.
No Events found!