Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2013 03:00

Error number 0x80040707

Trying to install SAGE ACT and I get this message. Can anyone help?

8 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 03:00

Hi Saharsh K,

Before carrying out your suggestion, out of curiosity I uninstalled a program called "Advanced SystemCare" I had downloaded from CNET. Once I had done that, I tried installing Sage ACT again and this time without any issues.

What feature of Advanced SystemCare would have caused that conflict?

Thank you for your help. :emotion-2::emotion-2::emotion-2:

1.5K Posts

April 29th, 2013 04:00

Hi Grayil,

You'll often encounter this error when you're running an installation or upgrade routine from within Windows. This is an install shield error and comes up if your Windows registry is somehow corrupted or if you do not have the needed permissions to install the application.

You may try the following steps which might help:

• Perform complete Windows Updates before installing the application.
  • Right click on the Setup.exe file that you are using to install this application and click on 'Run as Administrator'.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to install the application.

If the issue still persist, try creating a new user account (with admin rights) and try install it there. Please share the results.

Fusion 25793145

8 Posts

April 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Saharsh,

• Windows updates are automatic (I am running Windows 8)
  • I do have administrator rights.
  • Right clicked on the setup.exe file, and clicked on "run as administrator".
  • Followed onscreen prompts.
  • RESULTS = same as before (error 0x80040707) 

1.5K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 01:00

Hi Grayil,

Thank you for sharing the results.

Please share if creating a new 'User Account' with administrative made any difference. Also, try temporarily disabling the 'Anti-virus Software' and check if you are able to install the application.

I did some research online and found out few steps which helped some of the user to get the issue resolved. You may try these steps, they might work for you. Here are the steps:

• Perform a clean uninstall of the application. Restart the system.
  • Download and install a registry cleaning application CCleaner from the link http://bit.ly/E9eo.
  • Run the application to cure registry issues. Restart the system.
  • Perform clean installation of the 'Sage ACT' application.

Note: This software is not tested by Dell. Please create a restore point before performing the above steps.

Hope this helps. Please share the findings.

1.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2013 06:00

Hi Grayil,

Glad that you got the issue resolved. I appreciate your expertise and logical thinking.

Advanced SystemCare is a software used for basic PC optimization and security. This software has a built in anti-virus which might have caused the conflict.

Do reach out to us if you have any questions.

No Events found!