Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2009 18:00

Errors found by Norton Windoctor

Photobucket

if u can help me in fixing these erros i would be much obliged.

16 Posts

see i would normaly think that too but the problems are located in windows system 32 area  and thats y i want to see if i could fix  them manually

126 Posts

rmccarthy24

Be careful mucking around in the registry; you could create big headaches. I recommend using GENTLE registry cleaners that will remove debris without causing instability. Consider CCleaner and Glary Utilities, both free from Download.com. They also get rid of other garbage in Windows. I run both, then dump anything that they recommend.

Sorry, but never seen anyone use Windoctor. If programs don't remove some of those registry entries, usually not a big deal.

16 Posts

Rick,

thank you for your input, however Norton does not give u the option to repair.

Rmccarthy24

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

mccarthy24,

At one time I liked that program until it messed up my computer. If my memory serves me corretly, thos are missing or invalid lins so they may be deleted or if it gives you the option to fix them, select that.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 9th, 2009 19:00

mccarthy24,

They're probably not hurting anything being there. If you really want to remve them safelt, then follow these instructions carefully.

Make a system restore point. this way if anything gets messed up, you can restore back to here.

Download and install jv16 Power Tools. After you install jv16 Power Tools, restart your computer.

Open jv16 Power Tools, click Registry tool, tools, registry cleaner, continue, start. Wait for the scan to complete. Click select, special select, Items that should be safe to remove.

Click the remove button at the bottom. It should be removing the registry values. If it doesn't work, Restart the computer one more time and run again.

Rick

No Events found!