Highlighted
sukanya1993
1 Copper

Ethernet cable not detected

So this episode began about 2 weeks ago. My laptop suddenly stopped detecting my ethernet cable. I restarted the computer a couple of times and it still didn't work.  I googled to check if people had had similar problems. I found a solution which said download and run winsockfix. I did that ans it worked. But just for a short while (5 mins). Then I did a System Restore. It worked again for about 5-10 minutes after I did that and then back. After a while I see that my ethernet driver has vanished from network connections. I tried downloading the driver software from the site but nothing seemed to match my driver. So I did a factory restore. It showed my driver after that and worked too but just for a short while again. I did the factory restore again and it worked. And not just 5 mins. But many days. Yesterday while I was working on my laptop, it constantly kept disconnecting from the network, so I had to keep on connecting every 5 mins. After a while it stopped detecting my ethernet cable again. I don't know what to do anymore. This problem has been bugging me for days and seems like there's no permanent fix! Another point yesterday after this when I tried ejecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable again and again, it did detect it a couple of times but it said unidentified network. Anyway it's not detecting it anymore.

Laptop model: Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 

Please help! 

0 Kudos