djjmj
1 Copper

Fading sound on system speakers but sound is fine on headphones

I have a problem with audio on system speakers Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1. I have exhausted all my ideas.

The audio is fine through plugged in headset but through system speakers it starts loud and fades away to very faint audio coming from two speakers.Could this be some type of Auto volume control? This problem exists with ITunes with local media, DIRECTV, Slacker, YouTube.

This has existed through several W10 upgrades. I am on the latest W10. No updates available. I have used Dell Auto Update and verified through the website no other drivers are missing or outdated 

With the deal Audio I restored to default, disabled equalizer, audio and microphone enhancement. No luck

I have removed audio devices from device manager rebooted to same results. Any other ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Fading sound on system speakers but sound is fine on headphones

djjmj wrote: " I have used Dell Auto Update "

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Dell Auto Update you're referring to is Dell Support Assist? If no, I suggest you diagnose Audio with Dell Support Assist. Most Dell systems have Support Assist pre-installed. You can check by typing Support Assist onto [Cortana] search box or right click windows logo and then click on 'Programs & Features'. If Support Assist isn't installed on system then I suggest you click on the link below and stroll down to 'Download Now'.

www.dell.com/.../supportassist-pcs-tablets

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

After you install Support Assist, click on 'Checkup', expand 'Advanced Troubleshooting', and then 'Scan a Specific Device', see images below.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

0 Kudos
djjmj
1 Copper

In searching "Inspiron 13 5368 2-in-1" this seems to be a very common problem with no firm resolution from Dell. I have reviewed the Audio FAQ and attempted most of suggestions without success. The one I was not able to figure out is the RealAudio program to download for this laptop. Can anyone point me to the correct program name?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
djjmj
1 Copper

In using the advanced diagnostics within Support Assist I found this error in Event Viewer Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0225&SUBSYS_1028073B&REV_1000\4&1647e7a9&0&0001 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0225&SUBSYS_1028073B&REV_1000\4&1647E7A9&0&0001

Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122

Present: false

I searched this info post in event viewer Driver Management concluded the process to install driver hdxsstp3.inf_amd64_84b638c519370465\hdxsstp3.inf and it led me to this -

support.microsoft.com/.../fix-sound-problems

All I can figure is the first time I tried this, I somehow made a mistake and deleted the wrong device. As following these instructions has resolved my issue. Removing both realtek audio devices under device manager Audio and rebooting. Go figure. Thanks everyone, I hope this helps someone else. - D

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

0 Kudos
celtic_mist
2 Bronze

Has anyone ever found a solution?

0 Kudos
celtic_mist
2 Bronze

This driver works!

www.techspot.com/.../

0 Kudos
djjmj
1 Copper

tried the recommended driver above, same issue exists. Only what I can hear audio is with a Bluetooth device such as speaker or head set and a wired headphones. On system speakers, for example when you play a youtube video it starts find but with in seconds its fades to nothing.

0 Kudos