Highlighted
Sosinondodrore
1 Nickel

Fan speed at full when XPS13 plugged in to AC (Win10)

When i run my XPS 13 (9343) on battery my fan keeps still unless i run something heavy like Photoshop, but when i plug in the charger my fan spins up to almost 100% speed and just stays there no matter what i do, i can close all my programs and background tasks but the fan still spins like crazy. And when i plug my charger out again the fan slowly falls back to 0%. The CPU temps averages at around 70°C when charging and around 50°C on battery.

Anyone else having this problem? I am running Windows 10 (non insider)

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Fan speed at full when XPS13 plugged in to AC (Win10)

Hi Sosinondodrore,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, Please run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
Sosinondodrore
1 Nickel

I have had this problem a while now (since i got my XPS13 back in August) and got a technician to switch out my motherboard, heatsink and fan 2 weeks ago. So even with the new hardware the problem is still there. so this is definitely software. I don't get any hardware error when running the test. And of course I have the latest BIOS.

0 Kudos

Hi Sosinondodrore,

Please private message me the system service tag and the region you are located so that I can check and assist you.

0 Kudos
moheban79
1 Nickel

Was wondering has the fan noise issue been resolved yet? This is getting out of hand. Sound is a total buzz kill!

0 Kudos