Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 16th, 2012 11:00

Fast Access Facial Recognition - where can I download this for my inspiron N5110?

Hi, my friend has recently bought the same laptop as me - Dell Inspiron N5110, but they have this software called 'Fast Access Facial Recognition'.
I tried going to 'my dell downloads' to download this for my laptop, but it doesn't seem to have this option.

so how can I download this?

thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2012 14:00

khaphuc,

Using Internet Explorer, go to My Dell Downloads :: Login Use the same email address and password you used here. Click on add system. Fast Access can be found there.

You also have Sensible Vision Support

Rick

211 Posts

June 25th, 2012 13:00

If your Dell computer shipped with FastAccess originally (either as a bundled feature or as a paid premium option) then you should be able to get a replacement at the My Dell Download site that Rick linked to above. This version of FastAccess will work on the computer that it was shipped on originally without an activation key.

If your Dell did not ship with the software originally, however, then you'll need to purchase a license from Sensible Vision. This is the version that you downloaded and installed and that is now asking for an activation key. If you make a purchase, the activation key will be emailed to you.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2012 12:00

But they have the exact same model as me, Inspiron n5110

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

May 16th, 2012 12:00

Probably an optional addon for certain models. Note that there are a dozen or so Inspiron 15 models. I could not find that option for the N5110. support.dell.com/.../document

May 16th, 2012 15:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your post. You won’t find the facial recognition software on my Dell downloads.

For this you need to go to:

1. www.support.dell.com

2. Click drivers and downloads

3. Enter the service tag of your laptop

4. Select the operating system: Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit

5. You’ll find the drivers under application category

Let us know if that works for you else reply to this post.

Thanks,

Amit

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

211 Posts

May 16th, 2012 23:00

If your computer did not ship with FastAccess originally then it will not show up in My Dell Downloads, but you may always download it directly from the manufacturers, Sensible Vision. Here is the website

May 17th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Here is the downloadable link for FastAccess for Windows 7

After downloading and extracting the file, please go to path where you have extracted it and open the folder manually and install it

For Example: You may find the path as" C:\Dell\Drivers\R8YW1\"

Please revert back for any questions. Thanks

14 Posts

June 23rd, 2012 12:00

I download that software already,but it want me give the key.I think Dell laptop have support this software??

December 22nd, 2012 23:00

can any give me the dell fast access 3 software ,my laptop model dell E5420

i didn't get dis software ,but im intersted in this software 

my email is Email id removed per privacy policy>

please any one mail me

35 Posts

December 23rd, 2012 05:00

If your Dell computer did not come with FastAccess, then you may still download and purchase a copy directly from Sensible Vision

January 27th, 2013 08:00

The information mentioned above was very useful. Thanks. But it installs the fast access version 2.4.8. I have inspiron n 5110. It came with fast access version 3.X. How to get that old version. ?? Thank you.

January 27th, 2013 08:00

Thanks for the useful information. I have inspiron N5110. It came with fast access version 3.x. But the above link has given me the FA version 2.4.8. How can i get the old version ??

1 Message

January 27th, 2013 09:00

Thanks for the useful information. I have inspiron N5110. It came with fast access version 3.x. But the above link has given me the FA version 2.4.8. How can i get the old version ??

If you are having trouble locating the correct version of FastAccess that shipped with your computer from the My Dell Download then please contact either Dell or Sensible Vision directly.  We are happy to help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 10:00

aravindg_93,

In addition to what SVTech2 stated...

Please use Internet Explorer(32-bit) when navigating to My Dell Downloads :: Login. Use the same email address and password you use here. Click on add system. Fast Access can be found there.

If you have trouble registering there, please post back and I can provide you with a contact to help you login.

Once you download and install the version that's listed there, it should update to a later version.

Rick

No Events found!