Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2009 10:00

Faulty documentation for Studio 1536 laptop. Following these, I ripped off the keyboard connector from the motherboard!

When following the service manual instructions, I came to instruction 6 below. It says to rotate the keyboard connector latch towards the FRONT of the computer. The labeled callout (2) points to the grey connector on the right of the keyboard-to-motherboard connector. Trying to rotate that toward the FRONT of the computer (that is, toward me as I sit in front of the computer), however gently, ripped the connector off from the keyboard.

The correct instructions would have pointed the callout to the center of the black bar on the connector and would have instructed me to rotate the black bar toward the BACK of the computer (that is, to lift the black bar UP).

Here are the instructions from the web site:

1. Disconnect the keyboard cable from the keyboard connector on the system board by rotating the keyboard connector latch towards the front of the computer.
  1. Slide the keyboard cable out of the keyboard connector.

NOTE: If you have the backlit keyboard (optional), there would be an additional cable that needs to be disconnected.

screws (2)

keyboard connector latch

keyboard tabs

palm rest slot

Christian Melby

3 Posts

October 11th, 2009 09:00

Hi,   I also ripped the keyboard connector latch off my motherboard on a Dell 1501.  What did you do to repair it???

No Events found!