Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2014 05:00

Fingerprint scanner dell vostro 3360 not working under Windows 7

Hello,

I've installed Windows 7 Enterprise on my Dell Vostro 3360, and want to install fingerprint driver. Also I've installed Validity Sensor driver from here. And I still cant use my Fingerprint sensor. Please suggest me what am I doing wrong. 

Thanks

Regards,

January 8th, 2014 08:00

Hello Vgalav,

Have you tried these steps?

(1) Update the Bios. 

(2) Enable biometric support:  BIOS > System Configuration > Biometric Device Option > enable

(3) Clean the fingerprint reader with a soft cloth, dampened with an ammonia-based glass cleaner.

(4) If the problem is not resolved, check to see if the Fingerprint Reader is detected in Device Manager.  If not, reinstall the drivers.  http://dell.to/1lAGqoK

(5) If the drivers do not resolve the problem, repair/reinstall the operating system.

(6) If reinstalling the operating system doesn't resolve the problem, the finger print reader may need to be replaced.

I hope this helps to resolve the problem for you,
~Maureen
#Iwork4Dell

1 Message

May 16th, 2016 00:00

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for the description above, unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. Actually it never worked, I now wanted to set up but it simply says that windows doesn't detect the fingerprint reader in the biometric devices menu. However, windows sees the appropriate hardware, installed and running.

Thanks for your advice,

Marton

No Events found!